Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you mates may remember powertabs.net - your friendly guitar, bass, and other instrument tablature and music community get closed by alledged copyright infringements.

The website looks like everything will back up for downloading this coming May!

I remember this was one of the nicer site to go find tabs that are accourate rather muddled messes you would find at UG.

If only I hadn't spoiled myself rotten with tabs rather than training myself through ear alone...

Edit: Thanks Dark Wolf.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Hell yeah, fuck Harry Fox. :yesway:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Some of you mates may remember powertabs.net - your friendly guitar, bass, and other instrument tablature and music community get closed by alleged copyright infringements.

The website looks like everything will back up for downloading this coming May!

I remember this was one of the nicer site to go find tabs that are accurate rather muddled messes you would find at UG.

If only I hadn't spoiled myself rotten with tabs rather than training myself through ear alone...

Edit: Thanks Dark Wolf.
Bob, I'm disappointed in you. :lol:

I think I'm turning into Drew. :rofl:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Just get that TuxGuitar program. It does both PTB and GP files.
Thats not the issue. Tuxguitar feels like cheap copy. PowerTab has, easily, the best interface of any guitar oriented tab program, imo. The only issue it has is the ability to put drums in virtually non-existent.

·
Boogadee Oogadee
1,209 Posts
Thats not the issue. Tuxguitar feels like cheap copy. PowerTab has, easily, the best interface of any guitar oriented tab program, imo. The only issue it has is the ability to put drums in virtually non-existent.
i love powertab. it's so stupid proof (i.e. you can get shit done FAST).

on the other hand, my bassist, for some reason, swears on gpro.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Guitar Pro has automatic bar calculations, but Powertab makes you figure it out yourself. That alone is enough to make me chose GP.

Once you bother to learn the interface, you can get stuff done fast. The + and - keys are your friend.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Bob, I'm disappointed in you. :lol:

I think I'm turning into Drew. :rofl:
Believe me, I caught that too, Rick. :lol:

But I'm no grammar nazi. Copyright/write is just one of those stupid little things that bugs me. :D But correct spelling, shit... I have great spelling, but my typing is atrocious! So, I'm not one to cast stones.

Besides, two corrections in one sentence, and I'd just look like a pedantic asshole. :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah man no worries! Copyright/write was just a mistake that I didn't catch until you called it. I should have caught that but I will totally take the "alleged" burn.

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
Awesome, I can now continue to blame Powertab for my shitty ear:yesway:

Guitar Pro has automatic bar calculations, but Powertab makes you figure it out yourself. That alone is enough to make me chose GP.

Once you bother to learn the interface, you can get stuff done fast. The + and - keys are your friend.
Is the Guitar Pro interface any different from Tuxguitar? I really hate Tuxguitar.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts

...or you could just learn how to read and write in standard notation anyway, which makes it a moot point. :fawk:

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
IN GP, I can compose whole songs - all the parts for me, the other guitar player, the bass, and the drums.

I can then import the drums as a MIDI file in Reaper, set up a track of multitrack MIDI EZdrummer drums, and viola. There's my song, fully composed, tabbed, in standard notation, and with my drums ready for recording.

I :wub: GP.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
...or you could just learn how to read and write in standard notation anyway, which makes it a moot point. :fawk:
I *can* read and write in standard notation, you cockhole, I just like to have something to do the bar calculations for me. I'm a sysadmin, and any good sysadmin will tell you we are lazy. Automation is your friend. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
IN GP, I can compose whole songs - all the parts for me, the other guitar player, the bass, and the drums.

I can then import the drums as a MIDI file in Reaper, set up a track of multitrack MIDI EZdrummer drums, and viola. There's my song, fully composed, tabbed, in standard notation, and with my drums ready for recording.

I :wub: GP.
This is pretty much exactly the way we do it. :yesway:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts