Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
source:

Prague Court Rejects Damages Claim By Lamb Of God Singer Randy Blythe - Blabbermouth.net

Since he was found not guilty, dont they at least have to return the Bail he payed?
No. Czech courts don't look at bail the way we do. If you're already in jail and want out, bail is essentially "renting" freedom - freedom to prepare your case, etc. As is the case with many former dictatorships or countries recently converted to capitalist markets, the Czech Republic is hurting for cash, and the government will take it where it can get it.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Man, that's a lot of dough.

In reading his book, he said the first $200K came from Epic, the second $200K (plus some other lawyer fees and whatnot) came from some "wealthy friends of the band".....while they'll be touring their asses off, it'd be nice not to have to clear $500K just to cover the costs of all that shit and pay back to right people.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Talk about some bullshit. :noway:

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Well, and the Czech courts could prove me completely wrong, but I suspect that if they do give any of his bail money back, it'll be after a fight and they'll try to keep as much of it as possible.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The thing is, he was arrested and those actions cost him not only the Bail money, but it affected is life and the way to support himself financially. He was probably "lucky" because he is not from a unknown band so it got the media attention, if he was nobody touring for the first time he would probably still be in jail, as we would have not the cash for the bail or even to pay for Lawyer. Thats why "justice" is for the rich.

He should be compensated for all its loss, and I really hope he is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.