Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advise on picks. I play black metal so lots of tremolo picking, fast down strumming, trashing, and fast back & forth. I started using the Dunlop Flow .88 and I like the sharper tip and beveled edges. The problem is I chew them up so fast, they don't hold up like the Nylons I was using. Thoughts?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Been trying a good few different picks these days. I switched to 2mm Dunlop's Derlin 500 picks about a year ago. Great for down picking but sometimes I find them a little too thick for very fast tremolo picking. They kind of get in the way a bit or something its hard to explain what I don like about them. I also noticed that my elbow and writs can get sore playing with them too much. Maybe I just have girly arms and I never play Manowar songs. Also had to make scratches where I grip them because they have no grip.

In the last few months have switched between Nylpro 1.4, Jazz III and Max Grip 1.5. I like them all but I think the slightly larger Jazz pick may be my bag so going to order a few. I like the feel of it the most but find it too small for down picking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts