Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Put some new strings on it and tuned it up. Plays nicely, holds tune, etc. The 24 frets and flat radius are cool features on a strat type guitar. Besides the neck pocket (somewhat loose) the overall construction is good, the natural binding in particular is nice. It has a bone nut, no idea if thats stock or not. Fret ends are nice and smooth (although this has been used for sure, as frets are worn moderately), it passed the "Chinese Shit" test with flying colors (run hand down neck, see if sharp fret ends cause lacerations) Based on how it sounds acousticly and how it plays I would say it can definitely hang with MIM fenders, not really a strat guy, so I don't have a ton of things to compare it too :lol: Only played it through my peavey vypyr practice amp (no rivera in the dorms :( ) for a couple minutes, so I can't really comment on the pickups. Neck might be a touch fat for my tastes, but I have other guitars with necks that better suit me. Obviously one of the main selling points for me was the top (which is radiused), which is pretty sweet :metal: Can't decide whether the fretboard is awesome or overly gaudy :lol: Definitely could stand to run some steel wool over it to degloss a bit.

No idea what the orgin is, and I don't really care :lol: I don't think it was made by one of New York's top luthiers (like the jemsite guy) :lol: and if I had to guess I'd say it was probably a product of some asian design house. The brian moore style jack thingy is also cool.

Overall, for less than $200 the verdict is...
:winning:

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts

It does look rather nice actually, not too hot on the dyed fretboard but thats a relatively minor thing in the grand scheme of things, good score man. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
be sides the headstock that thing is :winning: :lol: And I'd buy it if I had the cash and spotted it first :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At that price, just the fact that they got the straigh-pull headstock right is :winning:
Once I'm home for spring break I'll bust out the callipers and yard stick to make sure it really is 25.5 :lol:

It is is I deem this venture an even greater success!

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.314 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Actually looks pretty nice! What is the brand name? Or do you not know? :lol: might try looking over ebay for one of these.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts