Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Stock pic for now, I'll update with one of my own later. :yesway: I haven't been using it, and I'm not sure where to store it so I figured I'd just sell it.

Basically, a 1/2 rack space 2-channel mic preamp with a switchable "tube drive" circuit. I remember it seeming to record (and, later, mix) better than the pres in my Firepod, but I've been pretty impressed with the Profire 2626 pres so I haven't used it since making the switch. I thought I remembered the second channel having a bit of static with the tube gain knob in the circuit, but I just fired it up a moment ago and it seemed fine (and I almost never used it anyway, I'm kind of the 'record as clean as possible, and fuck shit up later' school). That said in the interest of full disclosure, I thought there was a static problem on the tube gain circuit for that channel.

Pretty entry-level for an outboard pre, but it did seem to be an improvement over my Firepod, the fact phantom power is channel-assignable is nice if you have a pre (like mine) that lets you turn on phantom power in 4-channel groups and you like to use ribbons, and if I recall right Vince had pretty good success running one of these as a boost before his preamp. Other than that, 54db of clean gain, a -20db pad, and an 80hz low pass assignable to each channel. Besides, it glows blue, and has VU meters, which are always pimp. These things go for $229 new - I guess I'll ask $100 shipped, continental US. If you have something you want to trade, well, no harm asking. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:bump:

Come on, someone wants this. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts