Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Oh yeah!
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just another DAW for you guys to check out.

https://shop.presonus.com/products/studio-one-prods/Studio-One-3-Prime

I've been using Studio One 3 here and there and dig it, so I figure to let you guys know about Prime since it's free. I was going to recommend Pro Tools First but I got a copy of it and it's so limited and such a pain in the ass to use.

Here's a chart that compares it to the Artist and Pro versions (notice it has most of the Artist features)
Compare Versions | PreSonus Studio One

·
Oh yeah!
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Reaper's $60. Great to be free though from Studio One which has my favorite look out of any DAW and some kick ass features if you look into it.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Been using Studio One 2 for about 2 years exclusively. Had been using Reaper/Ardour/Cakewalk previously. Studio One is exceptional for my needs. I track live instruments, and do some midi sequencing for drums and keys. Presonus has awesome features for the price.

Even with the "Artist" version (which will NOT load 3rd party VSTs, btw), you can use the guitar interface to load third party cabinet impulses and adjust their delay/mix.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Yeah Reaper's $60. Great to be free though from Studio One which has my favorite look out of any DAW and some kick ass features if you look into it.
While I would never encourage anyone to NOT pony up the $60 for Reaper, because it's an awesome product and I want to buy the whole Cockos team a beer for their excellent product support and sensible pricing model, it's worth mentioning that even if you don't buy a license, after the 30-day review period Reaper merely pauses on the splash screen with a 6-second countdown while they ask you to "think about purchasing Reaper," before continuing to a fully-enabled program. It's awesome. :lol: After the evaluation period, I think I bought a key within three or four times of using it just because I thought it was so cool they didn't lock you out of any of the features. :lol:

·
Banned
130 Posts
Yeah, it is it's biggest downfall, maybe V3 that is out now is different, but I doubt it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts