Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Ouch for that drum roll at the end of "Packet Flier." That makes the roll in "Train Kept A-Rollin'" look simple.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Hey, how did you go about getting your stuff up there? That's pretty cool. :yesway:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Hey, how did you go about getting your stuff up there? That's pretty cool. :yesway:
There's something called the Rock Band Network, where you can submit your songs to be charted and entered. You also get money when they sell on Xbox Live.

Might be a cool thing to do with a Division song, if you think it'd make for fun charts to play.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Might be a cool thing to do with a Division song, if you think it'd make for fun charts to play.
It's exactly what I'm planning on doing with it. :yesway:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I used to be huge into these games (and made custom charts for them) so believe me, it's an excellent way to drum up (no pun intended) some interest in your music and find new fans.

I got my dorm-mates hooked on these songs (and got one hooked on Symphony X) after I made these charts:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:yesway: good stuff man!
When are you coming to the good part of Canada? :fawk:
Also, that stuff looks hard as shit!!
Soon, hopefully! Wait...you're in Vancouver? We just toured out there and played Pub 340 :lol: So...less soon :lol:

Sick stuff dude.... Gimme heads up when you're going to be playing in Toronto again.

Are you theoretically looking for a long scale 6 string now?
Theoretically. I've got a Douglas coming to me from Rondo to play around with, since it's dirt cheap and I needed something really fast.

I'm super broke at the moment, and trying to spread what little money I have between too many things, as well as saving for when we tour again next, and potentially being without a job for a while :lol:

There's something called the Rock Band Network, where you can submit your songs to be charted and entered. You also get money when they sell on Xbox Live.

That's sort of how it works. You actually have to do the charts yourself, or find someone (like the Rhythm Authors) to do it for you. The way it works if you want to get into it is:

-You have to have a premium membership on XBox Live ($100-ish)
-You have to buy/license the software ($200+)
-You have to program the songs (difficult to do well)
-You put the songs up for sale, and split the profits with XBox/Rock Band people

Since people can demo your songs for free before buying (I assume you get 30 seconds of it, or something else limited on the demo), they'll be able to tell if it's programmed well or not.

We've got a leg up because:

a) We'll be among the first bands up when RBN goes live.
b) The Rhythm Authors, who are programming our songs, have quite a following and are known for programming song great stuff, and the guy who got us involved in it, Sean Feica, is one of the top Rock Band drummers in the world, if not the best.

We've already seen a big buzz over this song and our myspace has been getting much more traffic since the announcement.

I was at Canadian Music Week 3 years ago and already the big buzz (aside from The Arcade Fire) was Guitar Hero/Rock Band and how they could be the next iTunes for the music industry.

Not only do you get your songs out to a huge audience, you make money, and the people really learn your songs. They don't just put it on in the background, or listen to it once and toss it aside, they actually pay attention to, and study your songs, and you build a fanbase as people watch to see what you have coming next.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Yeah but nothing compared to how snooty the entire state of Conneticut, seems like they're all uppity down there for some reason (aside from a select few like Joe and Mike :wub:)

How fucking quickly did you have them ship that thing? Didn't you order it like yesterday?

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah but nothing compared to how snooty the entire state of Conneticut, seems like they're all uppity down there for some reason (aside from a select few like Joe and Mike :wub:)

How fucking quickly did you have them ship that thing? Didn't you order it like yesterday?
I ordered it last night, it shipped today, apparently left the Fed Ex depot at 9:30 tonight, so...who knows when it'll get here. I went for regular, non-express shipping.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts