I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Fuck him. He should be ostracized, like Pete Rose. :noway:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
:agreed:

One of my classmates was extolling his virtues on facebook... we got into a bit of an argument.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
You know what I dont get? This guy:
Donté Stallworth

fucking gets drunk, runs a guy over, gets conviceted of a felony, and is reinstated to his team afterwards. And NO ONE complains.

This dude fights some dogs, and everyone's riding his ass about it long after the fact? At least he didnt fucking kill a man.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I love the argument he puts forth. This is coming from a future lawyer, people!

Dog fighting does not make Vick a bad person. I will assume that you are not a vegetarian. Do you eat pork, chicken, turkey or, beef? if so, you should see how butchers kill these animals. The
media portrayed Vick as a bad person to destroy his career, which did not happen because he is once again the best QB in the nfl. Vick has paid his debt to society by serving 18 months in federal prison, thus he should be forgiven for his passed crimes of illegal gambling and Dog fighting. Finally, who cares about animals anyways???
:nuts:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
See, I won't agree with that. Rose was banned from baseball because he violated one of it's oldest, longest-standing rules. While what Vick did was criminal, he didn't violate an NFL rule in doing it. He's done his jail time, so I have no issue with him playing in the NFL. We'll see if he has his head together better this time, or if fame takes him down.

I'm hardly an apologist for his actions, but let's be real here - Donte Stallworth still plays in the NFL, as does Leonard Little, and their crimes were a tad more serious, if lower-profile.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
You know what I dont get? This guy:
Donté Stallworth

fucking gets drunk, runs a guy over, gets conviceted of a felony, and is reinstated to his team afterwards. And NO ONE complains.

This dude fights some dogs, and everyone's riding his ass about it long after the fact? At least he didnt fucking kill a man.
Yeah I remember this and you are absolutely right. This is one of the reasons professional sports piss me off, because they seem to get off of nearly everything.

Maybe this dude didn't intend to kill someone, when Vick intended to kill dogs, but he did kill somebody because his total lack of regard for the law and regard for other people's well beings.

I don't understand how so many athletes get DIUs. They have all the money in the world to hire a limo, and most every pro football team has a driving service exactly for this reason. It probably has to do with ego, and them thinking they are untouchably above the rest of society. :pissed:

It is just so perplexing.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
See, I won't agree with that. Rose was banned from baseball because he violated one of it's oldest, longest-standing rules. While what Vick did was criminal, he didn't violate an NFL rule in doing it. He's done his jail time, so I have no issue with him playing in the NFL. We'll see if he has his head together better this time, or if fame takes him down.

I'm hardly an apologist for his actions, but let's be real here - Donte Stallworth still plays in the NFL, as does Leonard Little, and their crimes were a tad more serious, if lower-profile.
:agreed:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
He played one great game against a defense that gave up halfway through the first quarter, and they're talking about him like he's a Hall of Fame lock. They're also shitting on McNabb, as though he somehow had anything to do with his defense taking a giant shit last night.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He played one great game against a defense that gave up halfway through the first quarter, and they're talking about him like he's a Hall of Fame lock. They're also shitting on McNabb, as though he somehow had anything to do with his defense taking a giant shit last night.
And he's a very polar figure that really hasn't earned his stripes or whatever.

Again, I'm a sports idiot, but this whole thing intrigues me from a psychological kind of perspective.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; A6277 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 Sprint APA6277KT)

Mike pretty much summed up why I ignore pro sports. Buncha overpaid thugs. Where would Joe Average get a job with a felony conviction. I guess being good at throwing a ball makes it ok to be a low life waste of hummanity? Dude should be cleaning the cages at the local shelter for a living.

Reactions: maxident213

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Vick, and other ball players who've seriously fucked up, need to not be making millions.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
They're also shitting on McNabb, as though he somehow had anything to do with his defense taking a giant shit last night.
McNabb has looked like shit all season. He needs a better supporting cast or he is going to continue to look like shit. They also need to do something with Haynesworth... how much money is that ass making riding the bench because he doesn't believe in a 3-4 defense?

I think it's a little too soon to be asking for a Vick jersey in the Hall of Fame as well. Also, Ray Lewis is another one who got away with murder too.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts