Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turn off Time Machine while recording. Sure, it seems like complete common sense, since hey, you're reading off the disk at the same time you're trying to write to the same disk.

But NOOOO!!! I have to sit there and swear at the machine, wondering why every hour on the hour I get "computer performance errors".

Sometimes I question my sanity.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Time Machine fucks up things when I play games too.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hate time machine so it is not even turned on :lol:
I love it actually. It does what it's supposed to, and has saved myself and many others at work a lot of headache. But for recording? not a good idea. :D

·
Space.
1,411 Posts
Been there, done that. :lol:

In related news, my internal hard drive on my Mac Book Pro is so fragmented that I can't partition it. Yes, my Mac hard drive is fragmented. That's messed up. Probably related to my logic board going out a month ago, that was a long process. Anyway, I have a larger, faster drive on the way. :yesway:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Same thing with anti-virus. My exclusions on some systems are huge because I hate excluding things like program files like some people -_-;

Should turn off any type of service which monitors any files at all.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same thing with anti-virus. My exclusions on some systems are huge because I hate excluding things like program files like some people -_-;

Should turn off any type of service which monitors any files at all.
Spotlight does, but it's never hurt things the way TM does once an hour. I even generally leave wireless on, because it's never had any effect

1 - 9 of 9 Posts