Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sunday project complete..... Almost. Got everything all done and soldered up and then broke the tone pot trying to tighten it down too much. (Short shaft and thick maple cap). I was able to pop it back together enough for it to work as a basic tone pot, put the pull won't activate the the second voicing on the Fluence. I'll have to get another pot and replace it. One thing I can say for sure is that on voice one the modern active setting this thing kills! Tight and brutal as hell. I set it up in drop C and it rips faces off.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Nice! I still need to take some pictures of mine but I've been too busy playing the shit out of it! :metal: I think i'm going to keep the robot tuners but i'm already after an adjustable wraparound to fix intonation issues. It might not be so bad once I get the 11s on it but it's still going to bother me.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Those Hipshot UMPs are the fucking best. I’ve got them on two of my LPs now.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I love the Hipshots. I have put them on a couple of SG’s as well.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
That is screaming for a big, white, arcade-style killswitch!

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know honestly I should forget the tone pot and use an arcade switch to switch voicings on the Fishman.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
You know honestly I should forget the tone pot and use an arcade switch to switch voicings on the Fishman.
I *LOVE* these...

Check the datasheets for sizing (you're going to need a slightly wider through-hole), LED colors, bat lengths and colors, etc. This is the switch I have in several guitars, and I've never had one fail yet.

Also, NKK's non-illuminated toggles are also super cool looking (IMHO of course :lol: ).

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got it done. Just soldered in a new push pull tone pot so I have both voicings now. I wouldn't say it's a huge difference especially in a single pickup guitar. Voice 1 is supposed to be modern active voicing and it is. It's pretty fucking awesome. Voice 2 is supposed to be modern passive voicing. I would say it's more the equivelent if switching an EMG 81 to an 85. It's a little looser and lower output. Cleans are a little better.

take a screenshot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts