Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so went to see this concert and at first I was a bit bummed.

It started with a French band called Wakrat that was a heavy band with screaming not sure what genre exactly. But I was unimpressed.

Then comes AWOL nation..... they have a bunch of singles that I didn't realize were all done by them. So good for them they can write catchy radio stuff. But still unimpressed.

Then comes a DJ who played lots of golden age hip hop plus 70s and 90s rock. By now the crowd was getting into it and he was entertaining.

After that Prophets of Rage hit the stage...... so Rage Against the Machine with Chuck D of Public Enemy and B Real of Cypress Hill doing the duties of Zach.

Sound was a bit off and the lyrics were a bit hard to make out. But overall great energy. The two MCs did a good job and even had a section where they did a medley of Public Enemy and Cypress Hill songs.

Lead singer of AWOL nation came out and sang Ghost of Tom Joad.

Near the end Dave Grohl comes out and does one song. Might have been called Kick out the Jam? Not sure.

There was also a No Sleep Till Brooklyn mash up with a PE song.

Tom Morello was awesome. He's a guitarist I have always enjoyed because he writes great riffs and has a very unique playing style. It was cool to see him do his thing live.

Decent show but if the PA system was better I would have said great show. Surprising because I have been to a lot of concerts at this venue and vocals were not a problem.

·
HEAVY HACKJOB RIFFER
874 Posts
I need to get out of the underground and semi-underground scene, I had no idea all of this was happening.

Thank for the review!

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Was the DJ's name DJ Shadow? I had a buddy at that show, he was pretty stoked on the Grohl appearance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts