Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a quad preamp (which has been discontinued for like 30 years) used and it was missing the fuse/fuse holder on the back, i called them they had a dude on the line that knew what i was looking for, checked to confirm that the parts they had on hand would fit and got them sent out, pain free.

Solid work.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Nothing that old but I recently got some parts from Mesa and can confirm they were friendly and no bullshit in getting it to me.

That's compared to Line 6 that I called for a part on a current production item, they told me only way to contact the parts department is via email. When I finally heard back from them, they said the parts are only available through licensed service center or third party.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Good to hear. I'm thinking about re-covering my amp this summer. Part of the parts are Mesa only, so it's nice to hear they're responsive.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Have you gotten a chance to fiddle with the Quad? What do you think of it? I'm interested in one of those things.
My old guitar player had one as his live amp running into a Simul Class 295, and we also used it to record. Sounded killer, as you'd expect. Rock solid as far as reliability (not even a scratchy pot) and heavy as a motherfucker. I think we gravitated toward the IIC channel more than the III channel for both rhythm and lead channels.

EDIT: Also may or may not go without saying, but my next guitar player was running the Triaxis+2:90 combo after that and that sounded a lot more nasally than the Quad+Simul Class setup. The Triaxis Mk.III lead mode + deep switch on the 2:90 was on par and maybe a little neater than the the lead on the Quad setup but the Quad > Triaxis on every other setting.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Yeah they're awesome. They've helped me date and figure out two of my old 70s Mark amps. super, super awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts