Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was buying strings today and having somebody keep a guitar for me that I plan on buying later this week, and I came across two PRS seven-strings. They looked gorgeous. One was a marbled dark purple and the other was a marbled dark brown-green. But then... I saw the prices.

At the current exchange rate, the one was $16,020. Yeah... especially ironic since the PRS to the left of the sevens was $2200 and the one beside it was around $1900.

Gorgeous looking guitars and I'm sure they play and sound great, but... $16,000?? :eek:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
374 Posts
holy shit, that's nuts. i'd love to own a PRS 7, but those prices are not even worth the discussion. that's plain ridiculous even for a private stock instrument. i would have expected those to be in the 4000-5000$ range, which would still be fucking insane

·
Hasta la vista, Baby
384 Posts
I'd be more than happy with a PRS SE 7-string singlecut. There is a poll on ss.org about a possible run, and the winning options are maple neck, 25,5" scale and ebony board :lol:

·
Third Street Saint
449 Posts
I didn't know he played PRS. :confused: I've only ever seen him playing Ibanezes.
He recently switched over. Dumped all his Ibanez guitars as well. I can understand why he left Ibanez since he wanted to play whatever guitar he wanted (Gibsons and Fenders and an Alvarez Dana Scoop for all I fuckin' know) and a PRS endorsement would let him do that. I guess he wanted a clean break from Ibanez so he sold most of them off.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

loktide said:
holy shit, that's nuts. i'd love to own a PRS 7, but those prices are not even worth the discussion. that's plain ridiculous even for a private stock instrument. i would have expected those to be in the 4000-5000$ range, which would still be fucking insane
Super fucking barebones private stock (all mah, satin finish, no inlays etc) starts at 7995

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
He recently switched over. Dumped all his Ibanez guitars as well. I can understand why he left Ibanez since he wanted to play whatever guitar he wanted (Gibsons and Fenders and an Alvarez Dana Scoop for all I fuckin' know) and a PRS endorsement would let him do that. I guess he wanted a clean break from Ibanez so he sold most of them off.
He only sold two of them IIRC.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
PRS Private Stock prices are insane. Having said that Shannon knows a guy with a P.S. 7 and says it's the best thing he's played. Still a stupid price though.

Incidentally, from that goolge image search I spot the inline PRS 7 headstock looks awful

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Thy Brick of House: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/448; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

I do not believe in the slightest, that thing is a PRS headstock, it looks more like a BRJ would, but extremely retarded :lol:

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

For that much you could buy a Sherman, blackmachine, brj and then still have alot left over...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.