Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my eyes for the Torero and was wondering if anybody owns one could give me some insight on this sweet looking geetar and tell me if it's worth grabbing.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I don't own one, but I've got two SE's already (Korina, Mushok), and I've played the Torero at my friend's shop for a good 45 minutes or so. It's a really nice guitar, as are all the SE's. Not my thing, because I don't generally dig Floyds. But well built, sounded quite good.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet I can't wait to hear what owners have to say. I have a RG350DX that I need a Pickguard for but I don't wanna bother with it and rather just get something that's way better. Better woods, better trem, better playability etc.

·
Y R U Avoiding Me?
1,403 Posts
Do you plan on buying new? If so I'd say forgo the Torero and scour eBay for a used CE24. They can be had for near the same price.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you plan on buying new? If so I'd say forgo the Torero and scour eBay for a used CE24. They can be had for near the same price.
Does it have a Floyd Rose on it? Plus I want EMG pickups on it so I figured this has everything I want out of the box.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Doubtful.

As far as the torerros go, I dont own one, but i will say having spent ~an hour with one, that they kick serious ass

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
Don't own a Torrero, but I do own an SE. The SE's are IMO the top end of Korean manufacturing. The best guitars in their price range for sure. If you want a Floyd and EMG's you can't beat them. Closest things you will find are the top end LTD's and Schecters that will give you an OFR and EMG's for the same price, but will give you a veneer. The SE has a real maple cap and IMO the fit and finish is better than the LTD and Schecter stuff.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've played a few Singlecut SE's before just never the Torero itself.

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
Every SE I've played has been amazing. I own a SE Semi-Hollow whose fit and finish from the factory was actually better than my Ibanez Prestige.

I also own an American-made PRS, and the feel and tone of the SE is not far behind it.

I'd say go for it. Neck-through mahogany, Floyd Rose. It's got the goods.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
How does that look like you could serve Tea off of it? its got... surfaces...?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts