Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Definitely a bit nicer than the old Mushok baritones, if only because the beveled top looks better than the flattop. Seems to stay a bit more stable with tuning too, but that could be my imagination.

Still kind of a bitch to play though, because the strings are like power lines. :lol:

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I got a semihollow. It's got a ton of midrange and low end thump for being a light semihollow. It sounds more metal than a lot of metal guitars I've tried or played.

I have a set of EMGs in there, but the 81/60 set has a bit too much midrange for it, and it's starting to get a bit TOO aggressive. Thinking about getting a set of DiMarzio DLX Pluses for it. Since they're like the Steve's Specials, I think they'd be perfect.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I had one too, it's a cool guitar. I just wish they had done the beveled top on it.
I probably would have kept if if it did. I didn't really play it much anyway but the lack of bevel really made it uncomfortable after a short while.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a semihollow. It's got a ton of midrange and low end thump for being a light semihollow. It sounds more metal than a lot of metal guitars I've tried or played.

I have a set of EMGs in there, but the 81/60 set has a bit too much midrange for it, and it's starting to get a bit TOO aggressive. Thinking about getting a set of DiMarzio DLX Pluses for it. Since they're like the Steve's Specials, I think they'd be perfect.
I guess I never realized there were that many replacement pickups for P90's.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I probably would have kept if if it did. I didn't really play it much anyway but the lack of bevel really made it uncomfortable after a short while.
Yeah I agree. It did look damn good though. I had to change to 13-62's though; the 14-68's were too manly for me. :lol:

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I guess I never realized there were that many replacement pickups for P90's.
They're kinda common. GFS has some soapbar humbuckers. Not sure how good they are. EMG has some as well, and DiMarzio. BKP has some metal-oriented single-coil P90s as well, and I've heard good things about Lollar and Wolfetone's overwound P90s.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Yeah I agree. It did look damn good though. I had to change to 13-62's though; the 14-68's were too manly for me. :lol:

1:30 or so, the most difficult sweep picking of my life. If that "solo" was one bar longer I would have had to punch it in, my hands were killing me. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Sounds good man! Which marshall is that?

Thinking about getting a set of DiMarzio DLX Pluses for it. Since they're like the Steve's Specials, I think they'd be perfect.
I have a DLX Plus in the bridge of my SE Soapbar and it is excellent. Definitely worth a shot.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

1:30 or so, the most difficult sweep picking of my life. If that "solo" was one bar longer I would have had to punch it in, my hands were killing me. :lol:
That was a fucking killer tune and solo, I remember that. I can't sweep at all, so that solves that problem for me!

Sounds good man! Which marshall is that?

I have a DLX Plus in the bridge of my SE Soapbar and it is excellent. Definitely worth a shot.
The new DSL20HR that just came out at NAMM. Pretty cool little head.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts