Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought this on a whim and while it's a killer guitar, I know it's gonna end up collecting dust in the near future so I'd rather sell it to someone who will either use it or at least have space on their racks for it to gather dust in peace.

2007 model, artists pack. Maple top, mahogany back, abalone birds and logo, gold hardware and phase II locking tuners. Satin nitro finish that lets the damn thing resonate like hell. Neck is the wide fat profile which feels awesome and round. Comes with original moulded hard case and trem arm.

Guitar has some wear on the finish, typical of a thin skin finished guitar. Some songs and scratches but no major chunks out of the finish.

Price is dependent on where it's being sent to. Price is inclusive of postage.

US/Canada, USD$1750
Europe €1800
UK £1200

Buyer to pay PayPal fees.

Will consider trades for other gear of interest. Dunno what, just something else. Guitars, amps, pro audio stuff. Will also accept part trades with cash on top.

Deals dealt with *******, Samark and Kosta.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Well I bought this on a whim and while it's a killer guitar, I know it's gonna end up collecting dust in the near future so I'd rather sell it to someone who will either use it or at least have space on their racks for it to gather dust in peace.
That was fast. :lol:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was fast. :lol:
Yeah, normally I hold onto something for a few months to really see how much I'll use it and whether it grabs me but with my racks getting more full, I just don't see myself using it enough to justify holding onto it. I mean hell, this isn't even all of them, I've got a few in my workshop for setups and some new pickups and my Vs don't go on the racks.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Hmm, I see a whole lot of overpriced Caparisons that the PRS probably smokes. :fawk:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Six, if you can turn this into an Artist Pack anything stoptail around the same price, let me know ;)

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only thing I could get would be an SC245 with 10 top and eagle headstock overlay.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Is that a Caparison with the elf shoe hacked off in your rack there?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is that a Caparison with the elf shoe hacked off in your rack there?
Yup. Got it for a bargain as the headstock was damaged. I'm rebuilding it next year and refinishing the whole guitar.

More than a 550. Point still stands. :lol:
Yet still less than a Suhr, and these are at least neck through.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Couldn't you just block the trem? Hard tail stability and more intonation range
Honestly a lot of it is also aesthetics. I kind of want an SC250 for the usual LP style bridge, but I haven't tried one yet.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Yet still less than a Suhr, and these are at least neck through.
Hey, I prefer bolt-ons. Different strokes, I suppose, but I don't think there's an "at least" about it. :lol: I've just never understood the Cap love.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey, I prefer bolt-ons. Different strokes, I suppose, but I don't think there's an "at least" about it. :lol: I've just never understood the Cap love.
For me it's the small things like the neck profile and the contours of the body where my arm sit. The colours I'm not always sold on except for the trans finishes on the Angelus models I have. Plus given that a brand new TAT runs less than $3000 new, they're not as pricey as some other gear out there where we are. A Suhr locally STARTS at $4000, same with PRS and a few others.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts