Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
awww fuck.

This means I'll have to get a new graphics card.

Ah well.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1298017/ps4-release-date-specs-price-rumours

More or less a 7850...

What the fuck is one of those?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11...63F0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361404006&sr=8-1

I see.

Two of them should set me up then. No bother.

So, new PS4 news means I'm taking my 920 audio rig, sticking two of some powerful card or other in it (will use my 2 4890s that are in each of my desktops for the time being), getting a new audio rig round a more powerful CPU and more ram....

and finally ditching the E6600 based gaming rig I've been using for what seems like forever because console hardware has sucked since about 2008 :lol:

Also, fuck you sony. Your new product makes me buy someone elses products. This pleases me, as they're a bunch of cunts.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
"Just get a PC" springs to mind...
More to the point, get a decent graphics card.

I've been rocking an E6600 in my main games rig for ages, because theres been no need to change it. For the past I think 4 years I've been able to run any game on highest settings or one back from that with one HD4890, because despite PC graphics tech going forward at its usual stupidly blistering pace, the convention of everything being cross platform and PS3 being based around a geforce 7000 series (and still being the most powerful console) means you just dont need modern games hardware to get the most out of modern games. When The PS3 and 360 came out, that wasnt true, but it has been for a few years now. Games will run fine on cards a few generations old and still look better than a console.

This will likely mean you will need modern games hardware on PC.

·
Bringer of, Satan Ants
3,384 Posts
If it has keyboard and mouse support, I may consider it.
If not, pass.
Game pad controls for FPS games just fucking suck. :rofl:

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Convenient gaming and the ability to buy used games/sell my old ones pisses me off too. :mad:
No announcement yet about whether they're locking down used games on the PS4 yet. Fingers crossed that they shut it down for good, so I don't have to deal with the mere presence of used games when I'm buying my day-one releases.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.