Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
That guy is a fucking twat! Treats customers like shit then begs the public for help. FUCK YOU.

"we are financially ok, but if you wanted to buy a guitar right now that would be a big help" :lol: This fucking guy :noplease:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I love that he took the time to add the super-dramatic intro graphic to the video. :lol: Guitar thieves can fuck right off either way, but this sounds like bullshit.

Facebook said:
Jeff Kiesel said we have been told by the FBI not to give any more info. No customer guitars were taken, just in stocks.
It's 40 grand, and they have the FBI involved? Not the local police? Hate to be that guy but this smells like marketing to me.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
I love that he took the time to add the super-dramatic intro graphic to the video. :lol: Guitar thieves can fuck right off either way, but this sounds like bullshit.

It's 40 grand, and they have the FBI involved? Not the local police? Hate to be that guy but this smells like marketing to me.
I thought the graphic at the beginning was amazing, too. :lol: LIKE ZOGM GUYS THIS IS SEEEEEWWWWWW IMPURTENT. pUT TEH 30 SECOND GRAFIC THERE SO OUR CUSTOMERZ KNEW HOO IT IZ.

And then he proceeds to say oh hai, tis jeff from keisel, and carvin guitars. with a keisel shirt on.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
First of all, this is bullshit. Kiesel might be a joke, but they have insurance, Carvin is a serious company. Getting an insurance payout for what they would sell for is actually better than having to sell them.

This is a publicity scam. :lol:

Judas Priest actually pulled something like this on British Steel. Their manager cooked up a story about the masters being stolen to generate buzz. :lol: I assume it was more believable in the pre internet era.

Anyways, if you are going to do a heist (16 guitars is a heist, that's a lot of mass), you would pick something more valuable. If it was one of their employees, they probably would have found out by now.

·
2,662 Posts
Anyways, point is. Even if the robbery was real, they have business insurance, and they will be compensated for the value of their guitars. The reason for telling the public is publicity.
There was one guy on facebook that said "he would investigate" :lol:

This definitely, should leave a bad taste in anybody's mouth who thinks about it any further than what Jeff is saying.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
I wonder if this was a certain internet marketing persons idea? :lol:

Sounds exactly like his type of bullshit, maybe James hetfield stole them so he could sign them all.

Reactions: Tibernius

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
It was dubious from the beginning, but when he turned it into a sweepstakes with, "If you have info leading to their recovery I will build you the Kiesel of your dreams" believability went right out the window.

At this point he's just insulting everyone's intelligence.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
It was dubious from the beginning, but when he turned it into a sweepstakes with, "If you have info leading to their recovery I will build you the Kiesel of your dreams" believability went right out the window.

Such wisdom from such a young Padawan. :golfclap:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts

Yeah, that was kind of iffy.

·
2,662 Posts

I seriously think the graphic was what did it for me. If it was such a huge deal that he had to get on camera and tell everybody, they didn't need to put a 30 second graphic and make everybody wait :lol:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Why would anyone steal a Kiesel/Carvin? The value drops by half the moment they leave the factory.

Carvin. The only brand in the world you can steal and still lose money.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iBrone)

This is so ridiculous. Too bad the djent kiddies don't all understand how a company should properly address theft. They will empathize to try to get on Jeffs good side so their bedroom breakdown band can get endorsed. This dude needs to be demoted from business decisions.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.