Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
I love that he took the time to add the super-dramatic intro graphic to the video. :lol: Guitar thieves can fuck right off either way, but this sounds like bullshit.

It's 40 grand, and they have the FBI involved? Not the local police? Hate to be that guy but this smells like marketing to me.
I thought the graphic at the beginning was amazing, too. :lol: LIKE ZOGM GUYS THIS IS SEEEEEWWWWWW IMPURTENT. pUT TEH 30 SECOND GRAFIC THERE SO OUR CUSTOMERZ KNEW HOO IT IZ.

And then he proceeds to say oh hai, tis jeff from keisel, and carvin guitars. with a keisel shirt on.

·
2,662 Posts
Anyways, point is. Even if the robbery was real, they have business insurance, and they will be compensated for the value of their guitars. The reason for telling the public is publicity.
There was one guy on facebook that said "he would investigate" :lol:

This definitely, should leave a bad taste in anybody's mouth who thinks about it any further than what Jeff is saying.

·
2,662 Posts
It was dubious from the beginning, but when he turned it into a sweepstakes with, "If you have info leading to their recovery I will build you the Kiesel of your dreams" believability went right out the window.

At this point he's just insulting everyone's intelligence.
I seriously think the graphic was what did it for me. If it was such a huge deal that he had to get on camera and tell everybody, they didn't need to put a 30 second graphic and make everybody wait :lol:

·
2,662 Posts
So basically, they weren't robbed, they were defrauded, internationally, which is always always a risk, and they go public making it seem like someone robbed the showroom, even mentioned how they have security cameras, etc, all so they could get some sympathy orders to offset the losses of being ripped off for the cost of 16 guitars? Am I reading this right?
Yes, you're reading that exactly right.

·
2,662 Posts
I have to hand it to Engage, he managed to fuck up Carvin in a hurry. :lol: The dude is nothing if not consistent.
With anybody else, you'd probably be wrong. But with him, you know, you just have to know, he is the devil on Jeff's shoulder telling him to do stupid shit like post that first video. "Oh and make sure it has the totally awesome graphics on it too, I'm the social media manager, I know people will love that."

·
2,662 Posts
While their guitars were assuredly stolen, they're also almost certainly not going to show up in a pawn shop, which was the nominal purpose of this video. This is pure bullshit.
Not to mention his little song and dance about how violated they all feel. That was what really made it sound like a burglary. That really makes it sound like somebody came into their "home" and stole something.

·
2,662 Posts
LOL. here is their response to the sso thread:

Say whatever you want, as is obviously going on, but that "Bull.... marketing stunt video" or whatever else people are saying it is? Led to the tip that is helping the authorities get the guitars back.

·
2,662 Posts
btw, is Engage their /7/-posting PR guy? Because that's almost as ridiculous as the whole James Hetfield's Signature guitar in nana's pantry nonsense, or whatever insane story he cobbled together about that ESP. :lol:
Yeah, guy is an idiot. But everyone knows that already :lol:

·
2,662 Posts
Wait, did a check bounce, or was there an actual thief? If someone stiffed them on a wire transfer, why would they need to be "led right to" the guy? If I bounce a check to Darren, he has a pretty good idea who the culprit is. :lol:
Yeah, really. It just doesn't add up :lol: But the authorities told them to be shady about it, so its okay. :lol:

·
2,662 Posts
Still can't believe they pulled advertising over a few bad NGD threads when there are still so many rabid fanbois over there.
How is everybody so surprised that their social media presence is utter shit? Seriously, go google Engage's threads. They're insane. And he's the guy running their social media. That is why they are acting like tards, because it is him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.