JBA5150

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
That's not that much of a deal really :shrug:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
You probably did. I think I sold my JSX for $700CAD and this one comes in at $580CAD. They're not desireable like a 5150. There's one for $600CAD in Ottawa right now. :shrug:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
You probably did. I think I sold my JSX for $700CAD and this one comes in at $580CAD. They're not desireable like a 5150. There's one for $600CAD in Ottawa right now. :shrug:
I liked it more than a 5150, once you swapped the tubes for KT77's. The cleans and crunch were way better, even if Ultra was useless.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I did put KT77's in mine, but I would take a 5150 first.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
this listing came up in the "suggested posts" on facebook today. Thanks guys :lol:

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have to add that this amp is criminally underrated. The 5150 gets a lot of love here, and deservingly so; but this amp shout deff be looked into. A great, independent clean channel that doesnt break up and 2 other gain channels that offer tones from classic rock to death metal.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
A JSX is one of those amps I've been curious about for a while. Heard a few of them years back but now they're relatively plentiful on the used market I'd be interested in seeing what I could wrangle out of them.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Ehhh the clean channel does break up. My first LP studio got that to happen. The best channel is taken from a classic 50 (?) So there's that.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I think for the price it would be an amp I would be willing to try.

Worst case scenario you end up selling it for what you paid for it.

Especially considering many of the amps that get discussed her are closer to 1000 or beyond in terms of price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts