Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow science nerds,

Thought some of you might be interested to see that my work is now published in the Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 161 (6) F717-F723 (2014). The title is :"Infiltrated Lanthanum Nickelate Cathodes for Use with
BaCe0.2Zr0.7Y0.1O3−δ Proton Conducting Electrolytes"

Abstract:

Symmetric cells (electrode/electrolyte/electrode) were prepared using BaCe0.2Zr0.7Y0.1O3−δ (BCZY27) as a proton conducting electrolyte. Porous BCZY27 backbones were sintered on each side of the electrolyte. Lanthanum nickelate, La2NiO4+δ (LN), was infiltrated into the porous BCZY27 backbone to act as the electrode. Pure phase LN was formed after annealing in air at 850◦C for 4 h. Electron microscopy was used to observe LN nano-particles (∼50 nm) infiltrated throughout the backbone. Impedance spectra were recorded at 500, 600, and 700◦C with four oxygen partial pressures and four steam partial pressures. Four arcs were observed in the spectra corresponding to: BCZY27 backbone grain-boundary resistance, charge-transfer, oxygen dissociation/adsorption, and gas transport. Total area specific resistances (ASRs) were found to decrease with increasing oxygen partial pressure. Total cathode ASRs of 161.8, 29.3, and 3.7 ·cm2 were measured in 3% humidified air at 500, 600, and 700◦C respectively.
© 2014 The Electrochemical Society. [DOI: 10.1149/2.037406jes] All rights reserved

PDF attached!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
:yesway:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
"Infiltrated Cathodes" sounds like the name of a punk band that a group of EE's would start :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
It's definitely awesome. All I've ever been published in was a circular :lol:

·
M3 Aficionado
1,278 Posts
:bowdown:

I've only had my stuff "published" in conference proceedings.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Electrochemical? Can you figure out what's wrong with my brain?

Seriously though, congrats! That's pretty awesome indeed.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Hell. Fucking. YES.

:metal:

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
That's a seriously awesome accomplishment, Sean. I can't even begin to comprehend the actual science, but the pictures were pretty. Well done.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys. I am working on another one as we speak, in the final rounds of edits with it. It should be much more impactful, so I am excited to get it to a point where I can submit it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts