Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Useless fucking piece of shit: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/448; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

Score!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I think it's a spring or something... doubt it's anything tonal. He doesn't have a neck pickup in that guitar.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
There isn't one, it's just an empty route with some wires.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Just googled it, the spec list only mentions an Air Zone pickup, which is presumably the bridge.

Also, shouldn't this thead be "an LTD Page Hamilton"? :lol:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man, not many hamilton fans here apparently. :lol:

These are duplications of his 1987 ESP horizon that is still his main guitar to this day. On his, he ripped out all the electronics except for the bridge pup & volume. And his guitar tech stuck a trem spring the single coil route as a joke & it's been there ever since. I'll definately add a mini HB though & a 3 way switch. I love the old school color, the stripped down vibe & the fact that I'm a huge fan of his earlier work, it was a no brainer. And yeah, he is ESP's 1st official endorser too.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
most people tape their strings to get rid of extra vibrations but he has something which adds some :lol: anyway cool guitar, I would want one except I hate that relic crap

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In a youtube vid, I remember him calling it something like the autoreverberator. :lol:

And while I wish it didn't have the reliced finish, I'll take it as I just love that color & it's vibe.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
I'm probably wrong .. but isn't that just the way they did it on the .. "earlier" models ? :ugh:
It was actually a "feature" on their first gen Horizons with a floyd. The idea was that you could slip in some trem leveling block in the back so it wouldn't sink in the cavity when changing strings.

Bit of a moot point really though. Because the trem is blocked off for dropping in pitch only. Well it is on the ESP version. Not sure if the LTD is the same.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.