Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to have another NAD in the next month, and as always, I'm looking at options and whatnot. So my question is, what is more transparent sounding and more suited towards 36CF, In Flames, FF/DH styled stuff? I know it could swing either way, but currently the amp comes stock with EL34's, and I'm thinking of the switch to KT77's since I know they'll just drop right in. Trying not to give much away of the amp incase I don't get it this month :lol: All I know, is that it might quite possibly be the first NAD of this amp on the forum.....

I know I ask alot of valve questions, but I'm just a tool and relatively inexperienced when it comes to valves :lol:

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Why don't you try the amp with the EL34's first and see if you like it or not? Then decide if you want to switch tubes or not. IMO, it's kind of weird wanting to change tubes if you still haven't heard the amp with its stock tubes yet. :2cents:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I believe the KT77's will be a little more dark than EL34's, so they might get you there, but it depends on the amp.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why don't you try the amp with the EL34's first and see if you like it or not? Then decide if you want to switch tubes or not. IMO, it's kind of weird wanting to change tubes if you still haven't heard the amp with its stock tubes yet. :2cents:
Oh no, I plan on that as well, but I'm just weighing up options and I like to know all my options before spending large amounts of cash :lol: I'm going to see about it tomorrow, and see what sort of deal I can make on one. Could have one within the week IF my finances go accordingly.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Neither tube is more transparent sounding I don't think. In Flames is 5150 goodness and 36CF I have no idea what, but probably 6L6 also.

Without knowing what amp you're looking at, no idea :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Neither tube is more transparent sounding I don't think. In Flames is 5150 goodness and 36CF I have no idea what, but probably 6L6 also.

Without knowing what amp you're looking at, no idea :lol:
36CF use Mesa, Triple Recs. I think?

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For those people who MUST know what the amp is, *sigh* I really wanted to keep this secret too *sigh*

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
FWIW, for the sounds you want you really want a 6505, dude. Honestly.

Have you played the 100W Blackstar yet? I think you'll be quite disappointed...I was. :/

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FWIW, for the sounds you want you really want a 6505, dude. Honestly.

Have you played the 100W Blackstar yet? I think you'll be quite disappointed...I was. :/
Yeah, I really liked it from what use I had with it :lol: I also really liked the cleans on it, which is a welcome bonus.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts