Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
13,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 questions :

- Why some of their pickups have the logo on them, and some not? Bought a Tone Zone bridge humbucker for my Robin, and 98% of the Tone Zone I see are without the logo. Same goes with other models.

- Received my pickups installed that way from my luthier. I trust him on what he's doing, but to you guys, by the way the logo is placed, does it seems ok? (I assume they're ok, but I can't plug the guitar until next week and it's the first time I'm having Dimarzio installed).

Thanks!

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Did you buy it second hand? It's my understanding that the white logo is found on OEM Dimarzios that come stock in guitars

I'm not sure I understand the second question. But to me it looks like that's a standard spaced pickup in a guitar that requires an F-spaced one.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I grew up coveting the white logo, so the kid in me will always love the way that looks.

The small white Dimarzio logo means the pickup is awesome. (Not to be confused with small white Jackson logos, which means the pickups are terrible.)

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
I’ve bought 5 different DiMarzio pickups (humbucker and single cool), all factory sealed, and none have had the white lettering logo on them (or any logo for that matter).

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
I’ve had multiple Dimarzios. Never had one with a logo.

·
Banned
13,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you buy it second hand? It's my understanding that the white logo is found on OEM Dimarzios that come stock in guitars.
Yup, bought second hand. I've read something along the same line. It's for "marketing purpose".

I'm not sure I understand the second question. But to me it looks like that's a standard spaced pickup in a guitar that requires an F-spaced one.
The humbucker is f-spaced, it's the picture angle. I'm just asking if they're upside down, as I can't find a single example of how they're supposed to be. (Ok, I lost patience after 10 minutes :lol: )

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Matt is correct on OEM, it's also a custom shop option. My Fly pickups have embossed Dimarzio logos on them.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Matt is correct on OEM, it's also a custom shop option. My Fly pickups have embossed Dimarzio logos on them.
Good call. Maybe people will look at the cool Dimarzio logos and not notice how ugly the rest of the Fly is.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Most people are too distracted by not having to adjust the truss rod for over 30-years to notice either TBH

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
When I've got a little more breathing room, one of those might be on the list because they do punch way above their weight class. Flies still aren't going anywhere though :soop:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Yup, bought second hand. I've read something along the same line. It's for "marketing purpose".

The humbucker is f-spaced, it's the picture angle. I'm just asking if they're upside down, as I can't find a single example of how they're supposed to be. (Ok, I lost patience after 10 minutes :lol: )
Definitely not upside down. Adjustable pole pieces are toward the bridge. Always the way. Plus the logo would be upside down if it were meant to be the other way? :lol:

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
They may be like Seymour Duncan logos, in that you can remove them with a q-tip a bit your of your woman's nail polish remover.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts