Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that i've got everything for my Axe-Fx fund. It's truly time to find the right interface. The PreSonus FireStudio mobile seems to work fine with Vista as well as having MIDI I/O's. I'm under the impression that these few tasks are achievable with this interface.

- I can edit patches via the MIDI I/O, as well as install new firmware updates with a MIDI cable.(SOLVED)
- I can hook up powered monitors and studio headphones to the FireStudio Mobile (SOLVED)
- All that i need to go from the Axe to the Interface is a MIDI-->USB cable?(SOLVE PLOX)

Basically, I'm hoping that the FireStudio mobile can eliminate the need for a separate MIDI device. Why buy an M-Audio midisport 2x2 when the Firestudio can achieve the same things? If anyone can verify that my above claims are indeed true, then my problem is solved!

My rig at that point would look like this:

Guitar--->Axe fx--->Firestudio Mobile ---> Computer

instr. cable Midi->usb cable firewire cable

Sorry if the diagram is a bit confusing, but you should be able to get the gist of it.

Thanks in advance, +rep to helpful posts!

Thanks,
Nick

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Are you the same guy who asked about this twice over on SS yesterday? Yeah, the FireStudio Mobile will work fine for everything Axe-FX. There's no USB, though. It's just a firewire connection between the interface and the computer. I will refer you again to this page that could have answered that for you had you looked at it.

PreSonus

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
The port that looks like a serial port is where a breakout cable with MIDI and SPDIF goes, which of course comes with the unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts