Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kramer Striker Demo on Vimeo

Uploaded to Vimeo because I don't like uploading incomplete vids to YT, so apologies if I can't embed it as a result. Anyway, this is a very rough demo of how my latest acquisition sounds - I'm pretty fucking stoked with it on the whole!

The riff is from a piece I'm working on at the moment, and I was unable to record the bassline so the mix may well sound a little thin. I figured I could probably get away with it for the purposes of a demo!

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks very much indeed fellas! Glad you're digging it. I've also uploaded a cleaner video, to see the kind of lead tones I can get out of this (never owned a single-pickup guitar before). I've certainly heard better, but given all of the factors trying to ruin my tone (plywood guitar, no-name Asian bridge pickup, output jack which is so loose it's not true, Pod XT Live, Edirol UA25 [to name a few]) I'm pretty chuffed with it!

Kramer Striker - Clean Lead Demo on Vimeo

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
This reminds me of Grand Magus in all sorts of good ways. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This reminds me of Grand Magus in all sorts of good ways. :yesway:
I've never heard these dudes before, but just checked them out as a result of your comment... Thanks very much indeed, both for the comparison and for introducing me. Gotta love a bit of proper, unadulterated, no bullshit heavy metal from time to time!

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow... awesome demo! I can't believe what great shape that guitar is in for its age.
Cheers Darren! Yeah, the second I opened up the case I had to shoot the seller a text to ask him what the hell he'd done with it to keep it in quite such excellent condition. I'm not normally very good at pussyfooting around my guitars, but I kind of feel I have to with this one considering how far it's made it without being chipped or scratched, haha.

Stoner groove on an 80s axe = win!
It... Just feels so right! Would love to see Electric Wizard rock up to a gig with some properly retina-searing guitars.

Great playing!
:metal::metal:. Thanks people. Glad people are digging the riffs - I've had to be very careful not to upload all of the songs we've been working on, but if you like this demo then hopefully you'll enjoy the rest of the stuff as and when we eventually get around to releasing it!

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Fantastic riffing and lead chops man :indeed: :metal:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts