Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Quicky mix test! Invader/S2/new kick

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Arbiter 
#1 ·
:) cross-posted from ss.org

SoundClick artist: temps - now presenting a groove in the key of Z minor

Very short :lol: only 30 seconds. Its a huge pain in the ass doing much recording and mixing now since my problems with Cubase Studio 4 have increased of late, so I can usually only get 10-15 minutes a session in before it crashes or the audio drops or it starts crackling and popping. So the phrases are shorter than I wrote them, so it repeats more, etc.

Anyway, tried a new drum mix, tweaked the guitar tone a bit, and gave up on Superior 2s kicks and used a Colin Richardson sample in aptrigga for this.

Rhythms are Invader chan3, tapped leads are chan4, both boosted with a BBE Green Screamer, Seymour Duncan Blackout Neck in the bridge of my SLSMG, Recabinet Mesa impulses

WHAT SAY YOU

#3 ·
I did poke around in Reaper a bit. As much as I hate Cubase Studio 4's stability problems, I love Cubase's workflow, UI, and how it all works and while Reaper is incredibly awesome for a free program, it doesn't quite work for me. I've got my free grace upgrade to Studio 5 coming in and since it was coded to support Vista 64 natively I'm hoping it will solve my problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.