Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
R.I.P.

Definitely one of the most influential musicians to me. The Sound of Perseverance in particular has a very special place in my heart.

·
EFILNIKUFESIN
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn, you beat me to it by 6min :rofl:

My favorite musician to have ever lived.
I wanted to do it last night, as you where still living "yesterday" :yesway:
But my GF intereferd :(
Anyways, yes, he is my favorite Musician too. He played my favorite solo, my favorite song (which happens to be the same btw) and my favorite albums.
His scaling is very similar to mine, and the feeling is similar too.
I instantly loved his music after listening for the very first moment!
R.I.P man.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I like them all, but TSOP is my favorite as an album. As fruity as this sounds, its everything opressive and saddening about the human condition condensed into an album. And I mean that in the very best way possible. Amazing album.

·
EFILNIKUFESIN
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like them all, but TSOP is my favorite as an album. As fruity as this sounds, its everything opressive and saddening about the human condition condensed into an album. And I mean that in the very best way possible. Amazing album.
Yes indeed. I feel exactly the same when I listen to it! It is also a pretty "Complete" album. Every song makes sense and feels a part of the album!

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
It is also one of my favorites.
I just happen to prefer the unpolished song/production structure of "Individual thought patterns" better, it gives me goosebumps. Especially Overactive Imagination and Trapped in a corner!
I love Overactive Imagination, one of my favorite songs. The guitar work on that song is just great.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Possibly the best part of the album is the cover of painkiller rounding it off. After all the depressing (but awesome) music. You have this cover that symbolizes (to me) the reckless abandon that makes Heavy Metal great. The sound is the sheer sonic representation of not giving a fuck. It an amazing experience listening to the album as a whole, that last song being a cover of painkiller just makes you want to go out and live life to the fullest.

Like I said, cheesy sounding, but I am extremely emotionally attached to that album :metal:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
TSOP is what got me into Death, I actually was a Control Denied fan first, but then started listening to Chuck's back catalog.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Possibly the best part of the album is the cover of painkiller rounding it off. After all the depressing (but awesome) music. You have this cover that symbolizes (to me) the reckless abandon that makes Heavy Metal great. The sound is the sheer sonic representation of not giving a fuck. It an amazing experience listening to the album as a whole, that last song being a cover of painkiller just makes you want to go out and live life to the fullest.

Like I said, cheesy sounding, but I am extremely emotionally attached to that album :metal:
Easily my favorite cover of all time too :lol: Chuck hitting the high notes is crazy.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
My favorite lyric off that album, as well as one of my favorite lyrics in general is

"You may think you own the end, take another look, at - the - script - of sadness"

Which is followed by another amazing lyric

"dark skies were beating me down, with shadows of deceit slashing at, trust till it forever bleeds
with doubt, with pain, with trust
is pain."

The whole album is a lyrical masterpiece, but that is my favorite.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Chuck is one of my biggest influences and Death is one of my favorite bands. He is definitely missed. :metal:

Symbolic is my favorite Death album, followed by Individual Thought Patterns and then Human.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts