Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
AVH Guitar Repair
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In preparation for my move, the inevitable couldn't be put off any longer...

:(

Oh well, it'll look great when I'm done with it later on after I get set up.

To be continued this fall/winter...

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Wow, so those were real leaves on it? Can't wait to see once you're done with everything. Good luck man!

·
AVH Guitar Repair
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the sympathy guys...the plan eventually is to strip the rest of the finish off, laminate a flame maple veneer onto the top, stain it deep emerald green, burst the edges black, paint the cavities black, make a clear pickguard and use all green wiring. I'm also pondering greenbursting the back and neck as well, I'll see how I feel when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
...paint the cavities black, make a clear pickguard and use all green wiring..
Please don't do this. I've always thought that look was tacky, and there's nothing wrong with a pretty top partially covered by a pickguard.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
clear pickguards look tacky as shit, im with drew on it. the rest of it sounds like a genius sick idea

·
AVH Guitar Repair
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm..it was a fleeting thought, the idea was that the clear guard would still show the grain. It's also entirely possible to laminate the maple onto a pickguard as well, blending in, but a bit of a hassle.

Another idea: spray the body dark, metallic purple with the b/g/b guard and green parts? I am open to cool ideas, but it must still work with the green bits.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Purple and green/black is win.

Clear guards are not.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Tis a sad day. :(

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :scream:

and I'll disagree with Drew. It is NOT okay to cover a pretty top with a non-clear pickguard. Clear is the only way to go with a nice top. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts