Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to my inability to sing well anymore, and that our drummer just left, I feel like it's finally time to wrap this shit up. I simply don't want to waste anymore time on a broken wheel that I cannot fix myself. I have done my best to find a suitable singer, but there just aren't any around, and all good singers are already occupied in already active bands, or are simply not interested.

Here's a video thanking all significant people who has been involved in the band until now.

If we find a good session singer we will release a last farewell album, which has already been recorded (one of the songs are played in the video)...

I have also put Breitenhold on pause, because I cannot sing / record vocals anymore.

If I ever find any good and enthustiastic members to start a new band with, I'm all for it. :metal:

In the meantime, I will start playing guitar in another band. We will see how that goes! :metal:

I updated the "thank you list"

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Oh thank god you're okay. With the thread title, I thought someone found you buried under mounds of sawdust, hammers, chisels, and super glue.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sometimes its time to let go of things and carry on. Best of luck on your new projects
Absolutely.

While it's a bit emotional it's not the end of the world. Actually, it feels GOOD, because for the last 1-2 years the band has been nothing but a burden. It has been fun and inspirational too, absolutely... But not anymore

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Follow Ola's lead and just record the music you want to record. Eventually, some other folks will come around to how awesome it is, and a stronger band will form.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Follow Ola's lead and just record the music you want to record. Eventually, some other folks will come around to how awesome it is, and a stronger band will form.
Yeah, I always have a lot of different projects, so that's not an issue. The problem was that Rocka Rollas was supposed to be a full time band but it didn't work out in the end, apparently. Also, the name fucking sucks for the style :lol: so there's another (minor) reason. When it started out it was very old shcool Judas Priest/Riot Mad Max metal and in some way that name fitted at the time... But as time went on the sound went more in an epic power metal direction and the name just doesn't work.

But yeah, the situation is the main reason for the departure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts