Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ra / ESP
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! My name is Ben Carroll. I am the guitarist for alternative prog rock band Ra (Universal/SMR.) I am gearing up for the launch of my first full length instrumental solo record "A Dream Between Two Fires" on June 9, 2009! I am taking pre-orders right now and with each pre-order comes with a free download of my 2004 EP "Ben's Tasty Tunes."

Want to hear some sick guitar playing from an up and coming instrumental artist? Head on over to A Dream Between Two Fires

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Fuck yeah, Ben - I remember hearing your three track demo ages ago. That shit ruled. :D

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
i will admit to my three track demo virginity, but ive enjoyed rediscovering my old ra collection over the last few months. looking forward to this one

·
Ra / ESP
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

I'd love to hear comments on the music. This will be my first instrumental solo record...I'm pretty excited for it. I decided to do it all myself after the record label experiences I've had over the past 8 years & 3 record deals....really want to give it a shot on my own. If it gets out of hand (that would be a good thing!) then I'll figure something else out.
I did the whole record in my home studio with ESP guitars, I've been and ESP endorsed artist for 8 years & I've got a good handful of 6 & 7 string ESP's. Everyone at ESP has always been great to me and I love the guitars!

But anyways, please, take a listen, tell me what you think!

A Dream Between Two Fires

Looking forward to hearing comments! :metal:

-Ben

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I haven't had the chance yet, but I'll give it a listen when I get home tonight :metal:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Dig the art, not feeling the font on your name.

·
I think too much
1,877 Posts
I dig the art too, but I see 4 fires. :scratch:

I'll check out the audio later. Thanks for the heads-up. If you haven't already, see about selling it on Guitar9.com. They've had my instrumental EP for years now, and the sell instrumental stuff from most of the big boys, so it's a great one-stop-shopping deal for consumers.

·
Ra / ESP
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dig the art too, but I see 4 fires. :scratch:

I'll check out the audio later. Thanks for the heads-up. If you haven't already, see about selling it on Guitar9.com. They've had my instrumental EP for years now, and the sell instrumental stuff from most of the big boys, so it's a great one-stop-shopping deal for consumers.
Welll...yeah I guess there are 4 fires....:eek:
I have heard of Guitar9.com and yeah, I think I'll have to see about a hookup through them! Thanks for the advice man!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'll be perfectly honest, I've known of Ra for years and years, but I've never actually managed to check out any of your stuff, Ben. I'll definitely be doing that tonight!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts