Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a few years back 7DT making a thread about a 'built in' plug socket in his rack case for a couple of wall warts. I thought it was pretty cool, but I was trying to think of a rack unit way to fix it. I want it for neat pedal storage (shit gotta look neat, son).

If this is old shit, forgive me, but I didn't know of such a product that did the job. I was having a tough time finding much on Google, then I stumbled upon this:

Rack Mount Power

It's not UK plug, sadly. But a cheap set of small converters and I'll be away.

Juice Goose JG Junior Power Distribution Center | GuitarCenter 38 squiggles to me.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
I may have to snag one of those.

·
Registered
32 Posts
if i understood correctly about what you are after ,check out FurmanRackPowerDistributor

or just get the Behringer Distributor with rack lamp. i got one of those for like 50 euros. i already had an external expensive UPS so i didnt want to spend additional money for something that i already had:p

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if i understood correctly about what you are after ,check out FurmanRackPowerDistributor

or just get the Behringer Distributor with rack lamp. i got one of those for like 50 euros. i already had an external expensive UPS so i didnt want to spend additional money for something that i already had:p
The problem is the UK plug style. The socket on the back of those units is not the same that wall warts use here. The sockets on those units are the same as you get on most EU power conditioners.

How neat have you got it in the back of the case? I'm quite keen to keep mine very tidy.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
The problem is the UK plug style. The socket on the back of those units is not the same that wall warts use here. The sockets on those units are the same as you get on most EU power conditioners.
Move to America. :yesway:

How neat have you got it in the back of the case? I'm quite keen to keep mine very tidy.
Comically, I own zero of the things in that picture these days, so I don't need them anymore. :lol: My AxeFx is in my desk, and the only things in my rack case for my 6505 are my stroborack and a power conditioner. (And my hot plate, since it's 4U and it fits kinda nicely)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
How long were they, long enough to get your tidy on ('cause you do get your tidy on :lol:)?
6 inches or so? I did indeed get my tidy on with them. :yesway: They lit up too, which was actually pretty useful, because it was like having a built in flashlight in the back of the rack. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts