Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The UPS man dropped off my new power conditioner. I got a Furman PL-8C, partly on the reccomendation from a few guys here (JJ was particularly helpful with his responses both here and on sevenstring). It actually does make a measurable difference, and I'm happy that now my equipment is protected.

Heres my little studio back at my house in Jackson. The next thing coming is ex-29 headphones so that I can actually monitor what I record when I'm sitting right next to the cab.

Rack's are way more addictive than regular guitar equipment. You always want to add something to them. Gonna get an FX unit and Tuner (Using G Tune plugin right now, which is supposedly what peterson uses) in the near future.

:Metal:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice setup :yesway: Racks are indeed addictive, you just have to fill every hole, and then when you do, you wish there were more holes to fill :lol:
Then when you herniate yourself from lifting your rack you wish you had a nepalese sherpa to carry it!

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Dethphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

That's a sharp-looking rig. Very compact. Very... black.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
If I had a nickel for everyone I saw with a 50/50 and E530, I'd have at least a quarter. It's a popular setup for a good reason :yesway:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I had a nickel for everyone I saw with a 50/50 and E530, I'd have at least a quarter. It's a popular setup for a good reason :yesway:
What kind of cab are you running yours with? If I wanted to run it into the mesa it would be an impedence mismatch, so I just switch sides approximately half a week. Still obviously a pretty loud setup.

I guess it is kind of popular for a rack setup. The engl e530 enjoyed a fair amount of popularity over the last year for being a kick ass preamp. What tubes do you have in yours?

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
My friend's running the same rig but with a G Major 2 between the two pieces. Sounds crushing. Awesome score, man. :yesway:

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
I'm running mine through an old Peavey cab with Celestion G12K-85s, and I've rigged the cab into a dual 8-ohm stereo. Really lets me do some cool things with the G-Major. my 530 has a Chinese in V1, and I think, a JJ in V2. Might be an EHX.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
One big plus for this rig over an amp head is that you're running in stereo, so effects should be super easy to route.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
The G major's ability to run left delay at X with the right delay at X+4ms is a super-handy tool to have on-hand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts