Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my dad gave me this Strat when I went off to college, and tonight, with Crucified's help, I figured out the source of all the stuff. But first, shitty cell phone pics.

The neck's from Boogie Bodies, which research says is pre-Warmoth Warmoth, and the company that made the body for EVH's Frankenstrat. The body we're pretty sure is a '63. The pots are that old, the pickups look that old, that's what the serial number on the neckplate says. The tuners are stock or at least period-correct too. The paint is ugly. :lol: It's probably not worth much, which is a relief, because if I'd slapped Cliplocks on it I'd feel like a dick. :lol: Just figured I'd share some retro-fr00t.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Cool. :D How's she sound?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool. :D How's she sound?
Pretty good. I mean, my amp is a shitbox, and I'm no connoisseur of fine single coil tone to begin with, but it works for me, you know? Clean tones are... clean, I guess, and distorted tones have almost too much pick attack, but enough that in drop D it almost has a Helmet-like bite. "Wilma's Rainbow" sounds great on it.

I couldn't get good pictures of the neck because with that phone camera I couldn't really get good pictures of anything, but it's got a couple birdseyes on it, and a little flame, too. If not for the fact that it looks like CC DeVille decided to become a bluesman but still retained that hair metal aesthetic, I'd love it to death.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts