32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Man, the whole band is just crushing it. :dio:

Reactions: Randy

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Why do we not have these kind of TV shows anymore?

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Got to love in stand up and shout the preppy girl that jumps up on stage, does a back flip and then dances for Dio.

Vivian was such a great player back then, too bad he is such a dick.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Am i the only one who thinks RitD would be a LOT better if the keyboard theme was played on guitar?
I kinda like the campy "80's synth" feel of the keyboards there. Zero dynamics. On guitar, especially live, it'd have some kinda embellishment that just would make it feel different. :2c:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I kinda like the campy "80's synth" feel of the keyboards there. Zero dynamics. On guitar, especially live, it'd have some kinda embellishment that just would make it feel different. :2c:
Different is the desired effect, since the song sounds insanely 80s. I skip it every time i listen to holy diver because of it. That, and Shame On the Night is fucking amazing.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Different is the desired effect, since the song sounds insanely 80s. I skip it every time i listen to holy diver because of it. That, and Shame On the Night is fucking amazing.
Dio himself hated that song. The band had to fight with him to keep it on the album, so of course it went on to be one of the biggest hits he had. The guy was so pro, though, that you'd never tell how he felt by his performance of it.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
6,968 Posts

Just found this on a link from the Division vid above. Holy Shit. The chick on the cover is the singer. Which normally wouldn't be a stretch for a chick fronted metal band, but this chick totally sounds... Well, like not chick singers. Awesome. Kinda like a Sabina Classen vibe.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts