Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm completely new to programming drums. Like, this is my first attempt at drums in the best part of about 5 years, and even last time, it was basic FL beats. This time, I'm running DFH through FL Studio 9. Just trying to get the hang of things.

How would you guys think I'm doing?

(Also, I know it's quiet, but I've no idea how to make it louder)

http://soundcloud.com/blankplank/rooted-drums

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
I recognize those samples anywhere :lol:

Do you have the velocity turned all the way up on the harder hitting parts? The china section sounded a little soft-handed.

As for a rating, I'm partial to your sound, as it's mine too haha. So nice work!
Now put some guitars down on that biznaz :squint:

P.s. - I don't use FL with DFH (I use Cubase), BUT if I remember correctly, you can raise the export volume from the DAW, oooor you can open your mixed and bounced drum track in a master suite and compress them up a little as I don't think you have the plug-ins in FL Studio to do anything in the editor.

·
Knives!
427 Posts
Just stick a limiter or compressor on the master bus and raise the volume shouldn't be too hard. Programming is excellent! Snare lacks some depth sounds a tad too over compressed but definitely has some snap! I don't think you get much control over the mics in DFH but i'd say you were doing a good job

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.