Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: I'm just really not playing 8 strings, so it's time for this to move along. In spite of the drama around the builder, this is a pretty cool guitar with the thinnest 8 string neck I've ever played. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Razar SS 8 string with the following specs:

- 27.5" Scale Length
- THIN Maple neck
- 25 fret blank wenge fretboard, maple side dots
- 3 piece purpleheart/black walnut/purpleheart body
- EMG DC45 pickup
- Schaller locking tuners
- 9 - 75 elixir strings

Modifications (if any): I replaced the generic tuners that were on this when I got it with Schaller mini locking tuners, the lowest tuner is drilled out to take a large string

Accessories (hardshell case etc): Will be shipped in the bass gig bag I received it in. There's a tear in the side of the fabric of the bag that doesn't interfere with how it works.

Location (City,State or City,Country): Pittsburgh, PA USA

Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM me on here

References Required (eBay or other forum userid): see iTrader here and ss.org

Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $850 shipped in the CONUSA paid by Paypal

Pictures:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I remember the saga of this one being built on the PG forum. It nearly wasn't finished. Glad it was, but too bad it's probably gonna be the only one of it's kind. :(

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We'll see. Basically Matt had some REALLY bad luck (the roof on his shop apparently collapsed because of a storm and apparently destroyed all of his tools and guitars in progress) and is trying to get back on his feet. He's not helping himself by not talking to all of the people with orders in, though. Anyways, I don't want this to turn into a drama about the builder thread, I just want to sell the guitar because I don't find myself playing 8 string very much :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
No, I know. I just remember Matt getting half done with this guitar, then stopping and thinking it wasn't good enough, then with all of us at PG yelling at him, finally came back and finished it about six months later.

Glad he did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.