Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Force Awakens popped up to rent on my Amazon Prime so I rented it and started watching, thinking my girlfriend wouldn't give a shit....I found out via text that she also wanted to watch it but hadn't seen the original Star Wars in years.

I know I watched the first 3 back when Attack Of The Clones or Revenge Of The Sith came out, but I don't think I was paying attention at the time because, before today, I still didn't know the difference between the movies.

We're doing the Machete Order, which goes IV, V, II, III, VI, VII (or in order of release, 1, 2, 5, 6, 3, 7. The Phantom Menace is skipped entirely because it sucks so bad....and after watching Attack Of The Clones over again, if the dude who came up with the Machete Order didn't cut this one, then there's no fucking way I'll re-watch Phantom Menace because Attack Of The Clones was hard enough to stomach with that "acting".

I also didn't realize that the original vids were remastered and edited with CGI. I can't complain about this, because it's been too long to remember the originals. I just knew something was different when Jaba The Hutt came on screen in CGI.

I know I loved these movies as a kid. I've got pictures of me with Star Wars blankets, me dressed up as Darth Vader for Halloween, but I completely forgot the story line for these. It's kind of fun watching them over again.

Any of you know of any specific documentaries involving the making of the first three movies? I love behind the scenes stuff, sometimes more than the movies themselves.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
^ Yep, they're really good. They actually look much better than the shitty CGI in the official versions. It's also pretty incredible how much better the original trilogy looks compared to the prequels.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I highly recommend tracking down the "Despecialized Edition" of the OT, it's essentially what they should have done to the originals rather than what they did.
I must be dense, as I looked into this and couldn't figure it out/ don't have the resources.

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
I must be dense, as I looked into this and couldn't figure it out/ don't have the resources.
There is unfortunately no legal way to acquire it, if that points you in the right sort of direction, which is a shame because if they did a legit version of it I'd buy the crap out of it... I mean I already own the OT in three different formats but the fan made one is by the best imo.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
[email protected] version. I own every release of the original trilogy, so I don't feel too bad to go the :yohohohoandabottleofrum: road for this one, because it's REALLY worth it.
If you ask me "Peter, what is best in life?", i will answer:"Iron Maiden, Ronnie James Dio, and the despecialized version of the original Star Wars trilogy", and the Mongol Generals will nod in agreement.

·
THE CHOSEN ONE
24 Posts

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Mr. Big Noodles said:
I don't see why everybody likes Star Wars so much, I saw it once and was not very impressed.
What like one of them? All of them? I mean I understand if you saw the prequels and hated them but the originals are amazing! Even if the dialogue isn't up to much you've got to admit everything else is pretty awesome, the score and practical effects especially!

Edit: Totally missed this link on my phone... D'oh. :lol:

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I forgot I made this thread!

It was fun re-watching them all. The newer editions of the original trilogy didn't bother me too much, but it's also been years since I've seen the originals. I'm a big fan of behind-the-scenes stuff on movie sets, so I definitely appreciate the amount of work that goes into that stuff and for that reason, I want to see the original ones in the original form. It's cooler to me that it took 3 or 4 guys to move Jaba around physically than it was to see a CGI character that took a team to animate.

I'm guessing at some points, 12 years ago or so, I watched these all because I have some quotes from them written in a notebook from that time. I've got no recollection of it, but I definitely enjoy the philosophy stuff behind the movie.

The Force Awakens was pretty cool. A bit of a re-hash, but I dug it more than the last 3 Lucas put out. The fucking "acting" in Epsiode's II and III....cringe-worthy, to say the least.

I'm definitely a bigger fan of it all after the last couple weeks. Gonna have to get me a lightsaber!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts