Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of us metal folk here have beards, and as such, perhaps someone knows how to alleviate this. The skin under my beard gets SUPER dry and itchy, to the point of bleeding - unless I keep it trimmed pretty short. Fuck that I want an epic beard :lol:

I tried using shampoo (including dandruff shampoo for really dry skin) and it just doesn't seem to help. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
There can be a few contributing factors to this dilemma, a notable one being diet.

You could try supplementing with fish oil and vitamin D, as well as eating bacon periodically. Believe it or not, consuming bacon is beneficial for skin and hair.

Another idea you could entertain is to try some of these products:

AVEENO® Skin, Hair, Face, Sun and Baby Care Products

They actually make decent shit.

I almost always have to rock some type of facial hair, because I get major razor burn if I try to shave even every couple of days. I've used their products in the past with better than average results.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really need to give Aveeno stuff a try more often... Back when I got stung by a Portuguese man-o-war, the resulting rash was an itch from hell, and only Aveeno helped... Definitely going to hit up the grocery store and see what I can find, I know the Genuardis has a ton of Aveeno stuff.

·
I like turtles!
722 Posts
I wash my beard twice a day. I used to have this problem as well, but frequent washing seems to have fixed it.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
You need an exfoliating scrub to scrub off the dead skin cells hanging out around your hair follicles. Then use something moisturizing (I recommend cetaphil) to wash your face. If it's a long beard, definitely use conditioner as well.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
what happens if you wash with bacon grease? more beardage? :fever:

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
head and shoulders for greasy skin. fer serious, get in there with it and use as directed, you don't just put it on and wash it off, get in there and massage that shit.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
head and shoulders for greasy skin. fer serious, get in there with it and use as directed, you don't just put it on and wash it off, get in there and massage that shit.
I've been using the regular head and shoulders, maybe i'll give that one a try after this bottle is done. And yeah, I make sure that shit gets rubbed in.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah I use head and shoulders and it works very well.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mjolnir: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.21992/25.657; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

+1 @ Aveeno. I use an Aveeno soap and lotion on my face for my rosacia, and it helps. I've also been eating bacon each weekday morning, maybe that's helping too?

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I switch between Head and Shoulders and Selsun Blue every other day and it's helped quite a bit. Make sure to get in there and scrub/massage the dry skin with your fingers or a brush. When you get out of the shower, make sure to dry your beard off first thing. My beard dandruff has gone down considerably in the last two months doing this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts