Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Did you play the new DLC that "bridges the gap" between 2 and 3?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet, have you?

I just popped in ME1 today to achievement-hunt for a bit, and because I honestly miss the storyline. I've played through it 3 times, am level 60, and even though I know every little nook and cranny, I'm honestly fired up to do it again.

Going to go Biotic this time so that I can get all of those achievements, in both games, and figure I'll do the DLC(s) then. I was underwhelmed by the first DLC for the second one, but the:

Normandy crash site

Gave me chills.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
This new DLC is supposedly awesome and has real repercussions for ME3. I really want to play it, but I haven't turned my Xbox on since school started :-/

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
:lol: I find it ironic how much you hated the game when you first got it.

But, yeah, Mass Effect is in my top 10 favorite games of all time, kinda high up the list.

As for a game that's better... Morrowind? Number one best game of all time.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I didn't like Morrowind.

For me, ME and ME2 are definitely up there, alongside Baldur's Gate II, the original Halo, Final Fantasy VII, Xenogears, Descent 2, and Super Smash Brothers.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Plotwise, no. I find the gameplay pretty boring though about ten hours into either, although II was definately the better game.

I hate the "dumbed down for consoles" gameplay. But then again the only games I enjoy are CRPGS of the non MMO variety.

Baldurs Gate II/Planescape Torment/Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 are all better games to me. They have exceptional plots, and the gameplay/mechanics are there to back it up as well.

Mass Effect 2 is still among my all time favorites. And I will not say anything bad about the plot, which is exceptional.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I have to start a new file for Mass Effect and I'm seriously dreading it since I've already played it through 3 times on my old HD, but it's necessary if I want to have a bad-ass Sheppard for ME2

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Original KOTOR is excellent, definitely. Similar yet different to Mass Effect... I don't know which I like better. ME certainly draws heavily on Star Wars and the KOTOR gameplay.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Original KOTOR is excellent, definitely. Similar yet different to Mass Effect... I don't know which I like better. ME certainly draws heavily on Star Wars and the KOTOR gameplay.
I've always been a huge star wars fan and that game was so flawless. I just loved it to death, the plot itself was killer as well. I hope Bioware does another. The ones after it were a little "neh" though.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
The original KOTOR, seriously.
Heavily agreed, the original is the greatest game ever made, and I doubt that anything will ever compare to that. Its everything thats great about Star Wars and CRPGs in one package. The characters, especially Jolee, Canderous, Carth, HK, and Bastilla were of a higher quality than anyone in the prequel films. And while I love 100+ hour RPGs as much as the next guy I would take KOTORs 18-23 hours of non-stop excellence over anything else. The plot makes you feel like a total badass throughout the entire experience. And yes, having your own ship is one of the greatest things ever. Mass Effect obviously owes a huge debt to the KOTOR games, in terms of alot of gameplay mechanics.

And how about the twist? If that was a movie that would be considered one of the greatest plot twists ever. I love MEs plot too, but I doubt they have anything as awesome in store as the punch in the guts that was the "revelation" in the original KOTOR.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Fallout 3 (best game ever), Oblivion, and Morrowind.

For me, those 3rd person perspective games are just sort of... distracting (am am a huge KOTOR fan, however). Nothing gets me into a game more than a) first person perspective, and b) open world.

I think it might just be something hardwired into us, perhaps. Some people never play driving games in first person. (I love driving games.) I always do, if the game allows for it. Feels more real.

All my own opinion, of course. ;)

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

Mortoeind was great as well, I totally forgot about it. I liked it more than kotor.

·
's all in the wrist
859 Posts
Super Metroid and Zelda: Link to the past never get any less awesome no matter how many times I play them.
:agreed:

I haven't played Zelda: Link to the past, but I have played every Metroid game and to this day I firmly believe that Super Metroid is the best single player game I've ever played. A few came close (Metroid Prime, Fallout 3, ME1, CoD4) but none of them gave me as much chills as Super Metroid did when I first played it.

The feeling of being dropped on an unknown planet without knowing where to go or what you're supposed to be doing along with the awesome soundtrack (Brinstar anyone? :D) and the feeling of achievement when you find the solution to being stuck somewhere makes up for a truly wonderful experience. I still play it from time to time and it still pulls me in even though I know it inside out now.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.