Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Fart
1,025 Posts
That's the general idea. A lot depends on your recording platform and hardware.

There are a lot of ways to use reamping with the Axe Fx. I do all the reamping inside my Axe Fx.

·
Grumpy Old Fart
1,025 Posts
This is how I do it. I have a tracking patch set up that has a line of shunts all the across the matrix. This is the pure direct signal. I also have a path with amp, fx, cab, etc. that I use to monitor with. I use the digital s/pdif i/o on my Digi002 rack and the Axe Fx.

I send both into Protools on separate tracks and record them both. I mute the DI track. I record the song or part or whatever.

Then I set the bus on recorded DI back down the s/pdif back into the Axe Fx into my recording patch with only has the amp, fx, cab, etc. I can either replace the the track I used to monitor with or add another with the re amp.

For what you're doing you'd probably be best to use the effects loop block in the Axe Fx. Start a patch with the effects loop in the first spot on the grid. Connect out 2 to your MOTU. Send the MOTU back into the Axe Fx (as an insert on the reaper track). Build your amp, cab, fx, etc from there after the fx loop block in the Axe Fx. Make sense?

Reactions: 1
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.