Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im a recording noob (just to get it out of the way).

What i am basically trying to do is this:

I save my guitar pro 6 file as a .wav (this file includes a simple drum track that acts as a metronome / think cow bell . snare)

When i import this wav file into reaper it is out of sync with the metronome / grid in reaper.

I see the is a quantize option in reaper, is there any way i can quantize the wav file with the grid in reaper?

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Are the tempos set for the same bpm in both reaper and guitar pro? I've done this before and it should be really easy as long as the tempos are the same

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I wouldn't - you're better off trying to set the project tempo equal to your drum track tempo.

Try this - right click on the .wav in the project, and look for "track properties" or "clip properties" or some other such setting. I forget the name exactly (actuyally, item properties rings a bell), but there's a option there that will give you a screen with all the parameters for the clip. One of 'em should be the tempo of the clip - I think you can either read it and then manually change your project tempo, or there might be a way to "set project tempo to item tempo" or something.

Here's another question, though - why not sequence drums directly in Reaper?

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the quick response.

Yes the tempos do match in both reaper and guitar pro

The reason i am doing it this way is to create a practice track with real guitar and the RSE guitar files mixed together in a wav format (the other guitar players parts are is guitar pro as well as keyboards and bass).

So in essence the problem is that both tempos are the same, however when i paste the wav file into reaper it is of by about half a second or less (there is a delay), i just wanted to get them perfectly tight.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Can you just move the file to line up with the grid? I am confused because I have done this probably 100 times or more :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you just move the file to line up with the grid? I am confused because I have done this probably 100 times or more :lol:
It seems that no matter how much i move it, it ends up being off by a fraction of a second.

The first click in the guitar pro wave file records half a second late, or at least it appears to.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Ok, turn off snap to Grid, zoom WAY in, and find the very beginning of the first attack of the first downbeat. Split there, zoom back out, turn snap to grid back on, delete that first half second you split off, and snap the trimmed audio file to the grid.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
How about this:

Export your drums from your GP file as a midi. Import Midi into Reaper. Reaper automatically aligns the grid to it.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the ideas guys, im gona keep playing with it till i get it.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
So, are you sorted out yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts