Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I gotta say: the more I use Reaper, the more I want to make love to it and risk getting dumped by my girlfriend and thrown in jail.

At work, we only have Macs, which is totally fine with me, but we run Logic. The problem with that is that I don't personally own a mac, so whenever I work from home, I need to work on something else. I'm very limited with Pro Tools. I have an mbox 2 mini, and any plugins that came with LE 7. That's fine for basic stuff, but I'm not exactly doing "basic" stuff all the time. Also, I'm way limited on tracks, and PT just eats my CPU. So, naturally, I've been using Reaper. And basically, now that I know that it works well for film sound in stereo, I'm gonna trying mixing in 5.1 soon....but ironically, I'm gonna try it with music first.

I guess all I'm saying with this post is: My name is Tim, and I like Reaper.

Also, I apologize if I'm preaching to the choir. I know how big Reaper seems to be 'round these parts.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Reaper is a great product. And this is coming from someone who's been using Logic and ProTools for longer than I care to admit.

If you haven't caught up on the history of Reaper's developer. You might want to take a quick glance at it. There's a very good chance you were using some of his earlier software on the PC without knowing it.

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I've noticed that some of those people have been involved with winamp, which is another program that I'm all about.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I STILL use Winamp. :lol:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
lol, i use both iTunes and Winamp. iTunes stutters on my PC so I only use it to manage my ipod. When I listen to music on my PC, it's winamp.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I use iTunes as a media library sort of thing, but when I'm playing individual tracks - listening/tagging a new mix, downloading something from here, etc, I usually use winamp.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
^ +1. Winamp is a little annoying, trying to keep it all organized the way I like it, but it's a great player for one-off tasks. Used to be my main jukebox, and it was better before they gheyed it up with a thousand features and automated services and skins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts