Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this functionality is built into Reaper64 now. For one reason or another, Reaper64 doesn't recognize my bass VSTi (Cakewalk), but the 32-bit version does.

I've rescanned/re-cashed, and still no joy. Anyone ever run across this? The 64 bit version is a fuckton better for recording with, and I'd like to fix this rather than run the 32 bit version.

(Not that I plan to use this AUI much, but I might run into it again).

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
i could never get this to work out for me which is why i ended up leaving reaper. If they ever have the bridge between 32 and 64 done correctly i might just come back.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It loads other 32 bit stuff (so far) with no problems - it'll just say "i386 bridged" at the top of the window. :scratch:

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
I just ran into this bullshit myself.

I put Reaper 64 on my new desktop, and when I try to drag and drop drum patterns from EZDrummer, I get big ol' error.

"Reaper cannot import 1 or 1 items".

Fuckin' seriously? I like how the 64 bit version handles UI's (ditching that stupid left-hand window), but I had to go back to the 32 bit version if I wanted to utilize EZD.

:noway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hm, EDZ works fine in Reaper 64 for me, but the Cakewalk Virtual Instruments bundle that I picked up doesn't. I've run into a lot of other little bugs with 64 - especially with MIDI instruments/devices occasionally not showing up - so I just use the 32 bit version now as well.

It's a shame, because the 64-bit version is so much faster when it works, especially when switching kits and reloading drum samples for DKFH.

·
Serious Bedroom Guitarist
982 Posts
Weird, the cakewalk bundle works just fine on my Reaper 64... It required that one of the instruments was run standalone though to input the serial (if I don't remember it wrong). But if it works in 32 bit that shouldn't be the problem...

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
In Logic Pro, what you describe seems to be the situation as well. There is a compatibility layer which allows the use of 32-bit plugins when running the application in 64-bit mode, but it doesn't work with all plugins, and the last time I tried it, it was unstable.

I think it's time that 64-bit plugin builds, in addition to 32-bit, become the standard.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I had this problem also.

All you have to do is make sure that in the preferences window for VST you have both the 64bit folder and the 32bit vst folder as by default it only selects the 64 bit one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts