Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Every time I talk about Reb, I always bring this up. I'll be honest, I'd prefer Reb in Dokken these days over Lynch. Reb's a fucking machine.

Erase the Slate is an underrated as hell album.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Guitar is awesome, but I see why so many of you guys hate Don dokken. :lol: Dude sunds like he's singing a half step flat from the whole track, for some reason... :scratch:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
I refuse to say anyone is better than Lynch, but I do love me some Reb. :metal:

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Guitar is awesome, but I see why so many of you guys hate Don dokken. :lol: Dude sunds like he's singing a half step flat from the whole track, for some reason... :scratch:
Dude kicked ass in the '80s, but he was a fucking chimney and smoked like a carton a day. Fucked his voice up real good.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Reb!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
:D

What I always do with Dokken is just fast forward to the guitar solos. As a result, I am a fan. They're an instrumental band as far as I'm concerned :agreed:

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
^^ Shaun Baxter was rigorous about that. *All* the new music he got, he dubbed to tape, solos only, to listen to in his car on his commute to the Guitar Institute and wherever else he went.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
He was half step flat for their whole set opening for Queensryche a couple months back as well. Their "harmonies"....ugh....

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Every time I talk about Reb, I always bring this up. I'll be honest, I'd prefer Reb in Dokken these days over Lynch. Reb's a fucking machine.

Erase the Slate is an underrated as hell album.
George is a great player, but I'll take Reb Beach over him any day.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Gah I love Reb Beach.

Still underrated in so many ways... Watching him in Winger live was one of the best concert experiences in my life.
He just walked out, did his thing by slinging the guitar all over the place, walked off like he was riding a bike.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I'm not an expert on Beach's playing, but to me it always sounded a lot more polished, cleaner and more studied, than Lynch's, whereas Lynch sounded very off the cuff and edge of envelope.

For me, I've always loved Lynch's playing for that exact reason, but I could totally see why someone would prefer Beach for the exact same reasons. :lol:

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
I'm not an expert on Beach's playing, but to me it always sounded a lot more polished, cleaner and more studied, than Lynch's, whereas Lynch sounded very off the cuff and edge of envelope.

For me, I've always loved Lynch's playing for that exact reason, but I could totally see why someone would prefer Beach for the exact same reasons. :lol:
I love both players, honestly Lynch seems to be back to his old self, for awhile there he was doing that low gain thing trying to play high gain songs and it sounded like ass. I think he just trying to reinvent himself and push away from the 80's vibe that everyone loved him for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts