Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was talking to my wife about setting up a rig upstairs and she said "No. You don't realize how loud you are in the basement."

So I'm looking for an amp that has built in effects/tones, headphone jack and the ability to plug my android phone in to play backing tracks off of youtube.

Don't care about tubes (for this amp).

Ideally priced on the lower end of things.

Basically want to practice more often.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Marshall MG15? I think it has aux in and headphone out, mine's pretty far away right now to check :lol:

I think *most* practice amps these days have an aux in and headphone out though.

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
There's also the Roland Cube series of amps. They're solid state with a wide range of tones & effects built in. The older XL series has a looper built in but the newer GX series does not. There's also a micro cube line if you want something less than 40 watts..

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Blackstar's ID:Core series has all that and more.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So basically everything. :lol:
LOL I had no idea. All this time I had always been paying attention to 50/100W tube heads and occassionaly lunch boxes.

I've had some positive experiences with Roland Cubes in the past. Didn't pay attention to if it had a headphone jack. So knowing it does, it's worth a look too.

Think Roland Cube or Boss Katana are now the front runners.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
If you're just using headphones, why not an app? I've been very happy with both the Ampltude Mesa/Slash packs and Bias/Jamup on iOS. The Mark IV on Amplitude actually sounds really amazing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.