Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling tons of gear & i'm currently looking for a decent combo around the 500€ mark.

Looking for something with a good clean & OD channel. Wanting something that's really versatile. Something that still sounds half decen't at low volume's but can be used when jamming with other ppl aswell. Will be used for recording aswell at some point.

Got my eye on a peavey vypr tube 60 at the moment wich seems to be right in my price range. Haven't really looked at the second hand market yet though.

Any opinions & recommendations welcome.

Thank you.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Blackstar HT-5, Peavey 6505 112, Mesa F-series or DC series.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Did find a 6505 2x12 combo but it's not exactly in my price range (800€, ie 1026$)
Blackstar i can try out in store & i think's i spotted a mesa mark series aswell. Though i think the mark was way over 1000€ & second hand too :/. guess i can put my bartering skills to the test if i happen to love it :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
The one thing that bugs me about the HT-5 is that it doesn't even have built in reverb. Otherwise, great sounding amp.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well i still got a rocktron chameleon that i'll be keeping if i can't get it sold for the right price really.

so how about adding a rocktron velocity (100 or 300) & a framus 2x12 (or similar)
I can pretty much try everything out cept for the mesa's, those are pretty rare over here. 5150 is too overpriced to consider at this point (at least the ones i've found).

Basically i'm selling everything except for one guitar (long story). Don't feel like looking for a band for quite a while so i'd rather focus on playing & composition for the time being. And record the odd snippet once a while if i feel like learning how to mix properly :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I've only laid hands on one Framus, JJ's, and it was fucking badass like a motherfucker. If the combos are anything close, that's what I'd do.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
That's just because it's all they know. I'm the same way with my ebay listings, but I shipped something to a guy in Italy last year because he overpaid me for shipping and then I refunded him the difference. He wasn't expecting a refund at all.

Reach out to someone, offer to make it easy for them to ship it to you, and I bet they will.

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
That's just because it's all they know. I'm the same way with my ebay listings, but I shipped something to a guy in Italy last year because he overpaid me for shipping and then I refunded him the difference. He wasn't expecting a refund at all.

Reach out to someone, offer to make it easy for them to ship it to you, and I bet they will.
+1

When I sell something, it's always Continental US only. If I get a bite from someone in the UK with 586 positive feedbacks, had an account for 5 years or so, I definitely work with those people.

If you've had your account for a few years and good, solid feedback under your belt, a US seller would be a fool to not consider you. Of course, that doesn't help a whole lot because many, many US sellers are fools. :lol:

:2c:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Another option would be Randall. The RG75 combo wouldbe in your price range new, and if you go used, or find a good b-stock deal or something even the RG100G3, or the newer T2C are in your range! The T2C is a combo version of the T2 (as the name suggests :D ), and if its anywhere near the T2-head (which it should), than it really rocks!

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I've got to agree with this too. The DC amps really sound like Marks, they have an amazing tone to them. Here's a couple on ebay right now at around $600

Mesa Boogie .50 Caliber Combo Amp - eBay (item 110581878558 end time Sep-10-10 23:08:02 PDT)

Mesa Boogie DC-3 Dual Caliber New JJ tubes NICE - eBay (item 190440579701 end time Sep-10-10 18:10:07 PDT)
They ARE pretty awesome. A Nomad is worth a look, too - I don't like the clean as much, but it gets pretty Mark-y for leads, and still does a more Recto-like crunch.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
+1

When I sell something, it's always Continental US only. If I get a bite from someone in the UK with 586 positive feedbacks, had an account for 5 years or so, I definitely work with those people.

If you've had your account for a few years and good, solid feedback under your belt, a US seller would be a fool to not consider you. Of course, that doesn't help a whole lot because many, many US sellers are fools. :lol:

:2c:
+2

I sold my YRG MIDI controller to a dude in Australia with great feedback, and it was an excellent experience. Might be worth a shout to the seller if you're really interested.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
VAT & import tax do screw me over each time though with out of the country things. It's what's been putting me off from getting a custom shop guitar. Lots cheaper to buy close enoughs & mod them lateron.

Can find most of the amps mentioned although some are royally overpriced making import look more tempting :lol:

And no, i've never bought anything on ebay actually so no account here. I use more local variants of it to buy/sell second hand.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Prolly will be a vyper tube combo me thinks. Everything else is ridiculously overpriced (mark IV combo for 2000$ :eek:). I'm also tempted to get an rg2228 first instead of a combo really, although i guess that'll be up to how revalver works out in a couple of days.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts