Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd been using the Antress tape sim on a PC which was OK but useful as a special effect here and there, but I can't use it on a Mac. So, what CAN I use? Freeware or relatively cheap would be preferable, but let's say sub-$200 budget or so.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

Massey Tape Head. Unlimited free trial and sounds good. Just write down your settings before closing if you're unregistered, as it won't save them :lol:
That would annoy the PISS out of me. :lol: How much does it actually cost to buy?

Chris - thanks, I'll check that out! I did a little bit of googling, but I was at a bar on my phone waiting for a buddy when I posted this, which was a hardly ideal searching scenario... :lol:

·
18,790 Posts

Drew said:

Massey Tape Head. Unlimited free trial and sounds good. Just write down your settings before closing if you're unregistered, as it won't save them :lol:
That would annoy the PISS out of me. :lol: How much does it actually cost to buy?

Chris - thanks, I'll check that out! I did a little bit of googling, but I was at a bar on my phone waiting for a buddy when I posted this, which was a hardly ideal searching scenario... :lol:
Yeah, not much to buy, really, but not quite annoying enough for me to pay for when there's 3 settings and I can just write it in the track notes in pro tools :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAve you had any experience with it? How's it stack up against the Massey and the KVR?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope. Or at least, only some sort of up-front software license transfer, it's fine after that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts