Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of waiting for the new phones to come out later this year, but I'm honestly getting pretty frustrated with the slowdown on my original Droid running basic applications. I've tried running with and without the task killer, I'm still getting hellacious slowdown even just trying to text message.

Is there an android phone out there right now that's just fast as ass? One that exhibits virtually no slowdown in apps?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
My X is pretty snappy, but I'm not up on cell phones, and it'll still occasionally crash on Google Maps.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thunderbolt only comes with 8GB storage though. Could I take my 16 GB card out of my Droid and put it in the thunderbolt?

Any other phones coming out this year (other than the iPhone 5) that slay the thunderbolt?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Thunderbolt comes preloaded with a 32GB microsd card (but yes you could swap the one from your droid still)

the only other one i could think of would be the motorola droid bionic but it was delayed, and I don't trust "skinned" motorola android phones

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thunderbolt comes preloaded with a 32GB microsd card (but yes you could swap the one from your droid still)

the only other one i could think of would be the motorola droid bionic but it was delayed, and I don't trust "skinned" motorola android phones
Nah you're right, I was reading the wrong place. The onboard appears to be 8GB, the SD card is 32.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Thunderbolt now, if the Droid Bionic ever launches though, it's worth waiting for, it's quite a bit more powerful than the Thunderbolt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts