Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....for Ash body, maple neck, ebony FB.

Looking at a few H/S/S superstrats. One of them I was considering has the above wood combo, but it's got a JB in the bridge :facepalm:

Not all that schooled on SD 'buckers. I've only tried their Parallel Axis Trembucker and Custom 5 in the past. Both of which I"d prefer to their JB. but not sure if they would work with Ash/Ebony.

As a point of reference. I've got a PRS Swamp Ash Special. I :wub: the McCarty pickups in it. But I'm looking for something a bit more "modern" sounding.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get your Lynch on?
Which one? The Screamin' Demon or the Super V?

SH10 Full Shred & Ash = awesomeness
That one looks interesting also. Thx :yesway:

I'm completely clueless when it comes to Duncan 'buckers. I really think just the fact that the JB is usually the OEM pickup for mostly everything I've ended up with, has scared me off. What's been happening is that i usually just drop in a Dimarzio Air Zone, because I like that slightly hotter PAF tone with a lot of growl to it. But I'm just trying to mix things up a bit at this point and not have DiMarzios in everything.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Better articulation in the highs without things getting ice-picky. No flubby low end.

You know. Everything that the JB should be. But isn't :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Alternative 8? I've never played one, but the idea behind it sounded cool.

I also like the Stag Mag for HSS setups.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Alternative 8? I've never played one, but the idea behind it sounded cool.

I also like the Stag Mag for HSS setups.
The alt8 sounded great but it was in a les paul :lol: it was fairly warm sounding so I could see it sounding great in ash.

Also the Stag Mag works great as a neck pickup in and HSH setup but Im not too shure how it would sound as a bridge pickup, it is super warm in my alder bodied, maple necked strat :2cents:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
the alt 8 is sick dude, cant recommend it enough for typical dimarzio guys

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the alt 8 is sick dude, cant recommend it enough for typical dimarzio guys
Is this a high-output pickup? Ever since I got the Axe, I'm finding that really hot pickups arent necessary. Something medium output seems to work a whole lot better.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
its solidly hot yeah, but not exceptionally so. not like x2n or dactivator or FUCK BALLS INVADER. Probably around maybe norton hot, a bit hotter.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Better articulation in the highs without things getting ice-picky. No flubby low end.

You know. Everything that the JB should be. But isn't :lol:
I think the SH10 will be right up your alley then :yesway:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts